"Sharrie's Brazil Exuberance" Brazil by Sharrie

Brazil Travel Guide: 12,916 reviews and 31,391 photos

BRAZIL or rather BRASIL according to the S. Americans - what did I expect before setting foot on this continent which I've dreamed of but have yet ventured to until now? It's a foreign territory, that's for sure... in terms of language, terrains & people. Apprehensive at first & frightened when I heard lots of tales & warnings from friends & clients about safety. Their intentions were good & yet sometimes it's better to trust your own ability to face the unknown. (Don't get me wrong, I do value people with good intentions... it means they do care & that speaks volume as far as I'm concerned.)

BRAZIL surprises more than anything. My 1st flight was from Miami & even before landing, boy, was I impressed! SAO PAULO is gigantic, mega city, 3rd largest in the world! From the sky, it was a showpiece! My finger just couldn't stop clicking the camera!!! It's truly an impressive sight & having been to so many places, it takes a lot these day to be impressed (*sigh*... sadly). But nonetheless, on this occassion, I'm impressed! :-)

Generally, I spent 4 days in Brazil. 2 in Sao Paulo & 2 in Iguacu Falls. On both occasions, I'm truly truly impressed! IGUACU FALLS - here's the fact, 275 waterfalls made up the Iguacu Falls! & the sight? You have to be there for the experience! I stood in front of the falls, flew over it, & went under it (for a major shower of my life!) in a raft. The experience? Flabbergasted is the word, I think! & trust me, you have to keep your mouth & eyes shut when you are near it! Just feel & be... Yes, that's Brazil for me!!! :-D

Facts about Brazil
Capital: Brasilia.
Area: 8,511,965 sq km .
Population: 176,029,560.
Languages: Portuguese (official), Spanish, English, French.
National Holiday: Independence Day, 7 September (1822).
GDP Per Capita: US$7400.

• Last visit to Brazil: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 13, 2004

• traveldave's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 7:51 PM

I flew into Sao Paulo in the pre-dawn darkness, and the lights spread to the horizon like millions of jewels was one of the most spectacular sights I've ever seen.

• Christianne's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2003 at 10:23 PM

Stunning pictures! Unusual page!

• mangueirense's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2003 at 6:17 AM

Wonderful pics from Brazil, especially the Tucano on your first page and the Iguacu falls! Have to blame you that now I want to go again there, for the 15. time ;-) Brazil junkie from the bottom of my heart!

• brazilnut30's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2003 at 8:44 AM

Sharrie, awesome pics and info!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2003 at 6:16 PM

The roaring-thunderous-billowing-mighty-majestic falls. Amazing.

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2003 at 5:24 PM

Brasil - the foz ! you will never forget it !! Greets from Belgium Luc

• Canadienne's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2003 at 5:14 PM

Amazing shot of Sao Paulo ~ wow! That flight over the falls looked fantastic.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2003 at 11:46 PM

I am realy, realy looking forward to your Brasil!! welcome back Sharrie, u gettin there :-))

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2003 at 1:10 AM

Did you fly in that helicopter? Sharrie, you are much braver than I am. Super photos from up there.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 10:16 PM

Too bad about your experience. I had a similar problem in 2001-02 with arrangements made through Brazil Nuts (Miami) and Blumar (Rio). In 1998, however, I had no problems at all, with arrangements made through BROL (also Miami).

Sharrie

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Badges & Stats in Brazil