"Sharrie's Athens Spirit" Athens by Sharrie
Athens Travel Guide: 4,454 reviews and 10,166 photos
ATHENS is chaotic; in terms of aesthetics, it's best if I just keep my mouth shut, lol... Strangely, it feels like my Indonesian hometown. Terrible traffic (in other words, amazing drivers who certainly know how to navigate, for that I salute them ;-)), dusty & hot! That's perfectly ok since it feels very much like home. This is my kinda territory, haha!
So, now, I've to be extra sensible about what I'm writing here :-))) ... too many VTers from Athens whom I've met in the course of my travels are reading this ... & God forbids if I don't get my share of homecook meals from Andreas on my next visit! ... Yeah, that's my salvation ;-)
Now, I've met some of the most charming people from this city. Walking around Plaka (though touristy) is a wonderful experience. People actually sees you. You know what I mean ... they see with their eyes & they take an interest in where you are coming from ... not once trying to sell you anything. I feel welcome, truly welcome, in a chaotic land! & that feels good :-) As for the men, they are charming... smiling with their eyes... Now, I'm envious of all the ladies here! Oh well, I'll be back!!! May be I may find my prince charming here afterall. I certainly found a charming version of Tom Cruise in Santorini & he said he's originally from Athens! That's food for thoughts ;-) & for those of you who are wondering, his name is Thanos!
As for the ladies, just look at some of those you can find here on VT, need I say more? ;-) Thanks to Irene for her warm hospitality & for showing me around.
Oh, I almost forgot, if I don't mention his name, he's gonna kill me for sure! Well, he's not Greek but he has been helpful in his very own way ;-) Thanks, Ivan & have a safe trip home!
Personally, I think the Metro is the best. Getting around Athens by cabs are not expensive but the traffic jam can be a... more travel advice
While researching for hotels selection on VT, I came across this hotel on one of the member's page. Anyhow, I checked it... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Athens, my city!"
- "My trap!"
- "Athens is full of Archaeological sights & History"
- "Athina mou..."
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 73 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 21 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues