"Sharrie's Oia Fairy-tale" Top 5 Page for this destination Oia by Sharrie

Oia Travel Guide: 137 reviews and 451 photos

OIA! Known for its awesome sunset & romantic environs, to me, Oia is more beautiful in the day. Well, at least for me, that's the case. On the other hand, VT member Ivan_Jimenez was lucky to capture the most spectacular sunset I've seen so far. The setting was perfect for him that day; then, he had been there for 3X ;-) Naturally, plus his highly-skilled photography (hehe... better clarify this b4 any blood-shed ;-)).

Ok, back to Oia. It's definitely a more enjoyable & relaxing town than Thira. It's quaint & has many beautiful craft shops. Audrey, this place is heavenly for you. The sales persons are all so friendly & nice. I had enjoyed talking to 2 of them & one has actually given me her email address so that we could keep in touch. If all the sales force is anything like she is, there wouldn't be any recession in this world!

Oia is definitely the best place to relax. The cafes at the roof tops have magnificent views & the hostesses are some of the very best in the world. All in all, I've enjoyed Oia tremendously; it's truly a heavenly place & a place where fairy tales come true!

• Last visit to Oia: May 2003