"Sharrie's Santorini Charm" Santorini Island by Sharrie

Santorini Island Travel Guide: 1,608 reviews and 5,146 photos

SANTORINI is an island which I've heard of, seen many images of & dreamt of visiting since January this year. It is however not an island to talk about but rather one to walk about. It is a happy place & I met my very own "Tom Cruise" there ;-) An amazing encounter, a charming guy with whom I've an interesting conversation. I also met an Australian lady, Connie, & we had the most wonderful time at the sunset in Oia. Having said this, Santorini is a place you must go there in person to experience. It is one of the most beautiful islands in the world... truly MAGICAL!!! Seeing Greece without visiting Santorini does not complete the visit. Remember, go & visit Santorini. It's an island full of spectacular vistas & most friendly people. I think I've made a few friends there & hopefully we'll see them on VT soon enough :-)))

Now, I invite you to enjoy this virtual trip until your next visit & when you are there physically, soak yourself in the spirit of Santorini & leave part of your soul there... you'll be back one fine day with your love & then life would be complete!

Audrey, get going... & remember that kiss of yours ;-)

• Last visit to Santorini Island: May 2003
  • Intro Updated May 19, 2003

• cleocat's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Well written. Great photos. amazing sunsets.

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 12:13 AM

I'm probably the only VT member that can appreciate your unique comparison of going up Santorini's steps with climbing Huangshan.

• sandysmith's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 12:22 AM

wonderful views Sharrie

• socrates_07's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2003 at 4:16 PM

I am glad you met your own Tom Cruise there... so maybe this time its not you which have sleepless nights but someone else. You know which person I am talking about. ;-)

• btex's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2003 at 8:58 AM

Santorini looks incredible! I hope to see it someday. great photos!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2003 at 4:20 PM

This is a great page loaded with lots of small, yet important, tips. I dream of going to Santorini and I make jewelry too!

• Maline's Profile Photo
    Jun 12, 2003 at 5:27 AM

Santorini has been a dream destination for quite some time, but I still havent gone there. Your pics make it seem just as beautiful as I have heard! Like your little stories too!

• MITNIC's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 1:07 AM

Excellent work Sharrie!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2003 at 4:42 PM

You met some really interesting people on this trip. How did you like doing the natural stairmaster?! :-) Beautiful pictures, as usual, Sharrie.

• Jun 1, 2003 at 6:12 PM

Aha!! guys looks yummy!

Badges & Stats in Santorini Island

Have you been to Santorini Island?

Latest Activity in Santorini Island