"Sharrie's Vik Waterfalls" Vík by Sharrie
Vík Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 71 photos
We (Ann & I) were in Iceland for only 6 days. That calls for some drastic measures ;-) As soon as we arrived on June 4, we signed up for a guided tour to the infamous & scenic Golden Circle Route which introduced us to beauty of Gullfoss & Geysir. On the 2nd day, we proceed on the Southshore Adventure tour by Reykjavik Excursion which took us south of Reykjavik to Vik.
VIK is a small village with only a population of 300! It is the southernmost village in Iceland with no harbor & yet a local fishing industry which incidentally is also the largest industry in Iceland. Before our arrival to Vik, we were driven through a myriad of landscapes of natural beauty as you can see from all the photos I've posted on this page. This is the "greenest" part of Iceland from what we had seen in the 6 days we were there.
Once upon a time, Vik was isolated by the cliffs from all parts of Iceland. The eruption of Mt. Katla in 1660 changes all that. The beach south of Vik was then named one of the 10 most beautiful island beaches in the world by Islands Magazine (1991).
Your friend ;-) & all the photography gadgets! Iceland is very expensive. So, be well prepared for whatever you'll... more travel advice
Another view of Dyrholaey. It was beginning to drizzle while we were there. On a nice sunny day, this place must be... more travel advice
Sharrie's Related Pages
Vík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The door to the south coast"
- "Sharrie's Vik Waterfalls"
- "Why do we Crusa-Vik ourselves?"
- "Salka's new Vik Page"
- "Black beach and puffins!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vík
- 32 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 34 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Vík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vík
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues