"Sharrie's Stavanger Preikestolen" Stavanger by Sharrie
Stavanger Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 996 photos
STAVANGER was an "accidental" stop. I had spent 4 glorious days in Bergen, toured the Sognefjord, Hardengerfjord, Eidfjord & Osterfjord (my favorite: Hardangerfjord) & the most beautiful city Bergen. Ok, decision time; it's either Geiranger fjord up north or Stavanger & its surroundings. The Tourist Information Center as well as the Bus Terminal couldn't give me concrete info on transport package to Geiranger & if arrangement could be made for accommodation in Geiranger. So, I chose Stavanger instead. Little did I know of the adventure that awaited me when I arrived to this part of Norway.
Granted, I had seen all the postcard-like pictures before my arrival & I had wanted to see Preikestolen from the top! Made my way from Stavanger by boat to Tau & then a 40 mins bus ride to Preykestolhytta (The Youth Hostel with an amazing facing; a million dollar view). This was where it all started. From here, it's a gruelling hike all the way up to the top - a 2.5 km hike where there's very little flat land (it reads well-prepared pathway, but trust me, it's NOT!) which will take a normal individual 2 hours to get to the top by treading against rocks of all sizes. I didn't think at all, I just knew I wanted to get up there! What kept me going was the fact it would be too much trouble to give it up half-way; involved as much effort & I'll feel very sorry for myself if I gave up. So, I proceeded & told myself to worry about coming down when it's time to come down! I MADE IT & that's all it matters now :)))
- In a nutshell:A new adventure!
Sharrie's Related Pages
Stavanger Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Stavanger-Lovely city"
- "58.58N 5.44E"
- "Beautiful Stavanger"
- "Gard's Stavanger Page"
- "Hiking to Preikestolen"
- "STAVANGER - 4TH LARGEST CITY IN NORWAY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Stavanger
- Hotels in Stavanger
- Transportation in Stavanger
- Nightlife in Stavanger
- Restaurants in Stavanger
- Shopping in Stavanger
- Warnings and Dangers in Stavanger
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Stavanger
- 20 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Stavanger?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stavanger
- Posted in Travel Beijing Forum "Re: How would you split these up..."
- Commented on one of Knoto's Stavanger travel pages
- Wrote a Review Under construction about Prekestolen (pulpit rock) in Stavanger Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Under construction"
- created a Stavanger Travel Page "Sharrie's Stavanger Preikestolen"
Photos in StavangerSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Antarctica Intro, 182 reviews, 185 photos
- Vienna Intro, 141 reviews, 189 photos, 5 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 107 reviews, 142 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 90 reviews, 131 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 109 reviews, 109 photos
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 90 reviews, 91 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cambodia Intro, 82 reviews, 83 photos
- Santorini Island Intro, 79 reviews, 79 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Beach Intro, 61 reviews, 97 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Stavanger hotel reviews
- Skagen Brygge Hotell
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Radisson SAS Atlantic Hotel
- 171 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Mosvangen Camping
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- Victoria Hotel Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 2, 2013
- Quality Hotel Stavanger Airport
- 62 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Rica Forum Hotel Stavanger
- 48 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Skansen Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2013
- Comfort Hotel Grand Stavanger
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Clarion Hotel Stavanger
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013