"Sharrie's Stockholm Sparkle" Stockholm by Sharrie

Stockholm Travel Guide: 4,088 reviews and 10,136 photos

STOCKHOLM! Love it, love it, love it!!!

A walkable city with vibrant energy. Easily navigatable, lots to see & an artistic feel. I feel at home as soon as I arrived in this city. Met many friendly faces & the best of all, everyone speaks English :-) Thank God I visited while Scandinavia was having the best weather in the last 20 years?! (Well, some claimed they only have such weather every 10 years or so!) Am I lucky or what? ;-) I was supposed to go to Vienna & Slovenia but changed my plan as my friend couldn't take time off work due to some corporate event. While I was enjoying the sun (& it was the brightest 20 days ever!), many European countries were flooded!

Stockholm has a regal feel to it. It's a big city & yet not too crowded like many Asian cities. Somewhat like Vienna, & that's my most favorite city in Europe (well, I love waltz, lol... I grew up listening to J. Strauss J. music!) Stockholm has its fair share of charming architecture. It's what I feel a city should be like. Cheers, Stockholm!!!

• Last visit to Stockholm: Aug 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 2, 2002

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Dec 16, 2003 at 7:36 PM

really awesome page on my most fav city :) stockholm surely has its charm. can't wait to get back there again :)

• vec's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2003 at 2:16 PM

Many great photos. An impressive work. And yes... the sculpture on one of your photos is from outside Konserthuset at Hötorget. And yes, on one other pic, it's an Ambulance :) /Daniel

• AnnikaW's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2003 at 10:23 AM

WOW! You have done a lot of travelling and have great photos and pages! Impressive! :-)

• Drphoto's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 12:51 AM

A complete pleasure !!!

• Ken_Weaver's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2003 at 4:09 PM

You are right the "Pan" like statue is outside the concert hall...great start marvelous photos and lots of them of course!

• El_Sueco's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2002 at 2:14 PM

Hi Sharrie
    This mushroom is called "Kantarell" (lat. Cantharellus cibarius). It is a very popular mushroom in Sweden. If you cook it (frying-pan) with butter it will end up delicious on a piece of bread or in an omelette.

• prunila's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2002 at 1:49 AM

Very nice start!!!!

Sharrie

“Feed that hunger, hike that mountain!”

Badges & Stats in Stockholm

Have you been to Stockholm?

Latest Activity in Stockholm