"Sharrie's Pyramids of Giza" Pyramids of Giza by Sharrie

Pyramids of Giza Travel Guide: 440 reviews and 1,433 photos

Yeah! Hooray! I've finally arrived!!!

EGYPT - the ancient civilization which I've seen (on TV) & read so much about. A civilization that's as powerful & as enticing as China's. Thanks to Hollywood & Liz Taylor, I've long had this image of Cleopatra & the elaborate sets that made up Egypt! It's one of those things in life where you'd carry a larger than life picture of the unreachable destination & unphantomable lifestyle...

Egypt is in Africa, a continent that as a single traveler, deemed to be unsafe. But, in 1998, the cartoon movie 'Prince of Egypt' impressed me so much with its many beautiful scenes & passionate songs; all this built up to a crescendo! I simply have to visit this foreign land soon, very soon... (counting the days & nights :-))

After having been to the Grand Canyon (so far, my most favorite wonder), Niagara Falls, Borobudur Temple, Pisa Tower; Egypt where the Sphinx & Great Pyramids are located naturally were on my list my next destination.

And, am I glad that I came. It was GREAT! Not so much the Sphinx itself but rather the civilization that built it. More than 4000 years ago (40 is way too long for me to phantom as it is...) with no machinery. Those people were actually building them manually. Imagine that!!!!!

• Last visit to Pyramids of Giza: Dec 1998
  • Intro Written Sep 18, 2002

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Jan 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Still on my wish list, but I loved reading your tips and now the urge is even bigger than ever to go to Egypt

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2006 at 12:32 AM

Hello Sharrie! What a wonderful page with lots ofuseful information and great photos! Happy birthday from Finland!

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2005 at 2:25 PM

The flat nose on the sphinx came about because soldiers use it for target practise and shot it off! BTW, I wasn't expecting a comment from someone who hadn't logged in for over a year!

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2004 at 7:26 PM

Your friends were right about there not being much inside the Great Pyramid but I would still recommend doing it. I wish the city were not so close to the pyramids. Even so, you are so right about the ambiance there.

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2004 at 5:46 AM

Wonderful page, not too sure about the camel ride, but I think I would have a go just for the fun of it !:-))

• Sonador3's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2004 at 6:43 PM

Sharrie, I clicked on your travel pages and I got dizzy. Where do I start??? At the beginning, of course. And nice beginnings they are indeed! Big cats and big shopping, it seems to me. :-)

• Jmill42's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2004 at 6:06 PM

Finally!! Another bargainer! I thought me and ClarkRB were the only ones who professed to do it!! Wonderful page on one of my "Life's to-do's".

• Bigjones's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2004 at 3:40 AM

Great intro pic and good tips about a country I dream to visit very soon !

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2004 at 12:31 AM

Am suppose to be in Egypt start from yesterday. But rejected the offer. Nice Egypt page!!

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2003 at 7:16 AM

I love the close-up photos of the pyramids that show the size of each stone. Glad you made it here!

Badges & Stats in Pyramids of Giza

Have you been to Pyramids of Giza?

Latest Activity in Pyramids of Giza