"T o k y o" Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo by o00o

Tokyo Travel Guide: 4,096 reviews and 10,118 photos

Welcome to my lovely hometown Tokyo.

Tokyo is a city without rival in the world. Standing on the cutting edge of the future it is a blend of high-technology and tradition. Everything about this city is so different that to try and describe Tokyo to a person who has never visited is almost impossible. For it is in almost every respect different from all other cities in the world, and is a city that you will never cease to learn about.

As the capital of the Nation Tokyo is the financial nerve center of Japan and the place where it is all happening in Asia. Having rebuilt itself from nothing, Tokyo is now one of the most expensive cities in the world and a world showcase for technology. From its roots as an imitator of other countries, it is now a world innovator in everything technological.

• Last visit to Tokyo: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2005

• Rkenn's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the informative tips.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Nice new tips.

• thegreynomad's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2010 at 5:54 AM

Interesting pages.

• AKtravelers's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2009 at 6:42 AM

I like the tip about the sumo training center. Where is it?

• Joseph69's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2009 at 8:36 PM

You have some great pictures. Well done! I look forward to my first ever visit to Tokyo this weekend. You mentioned "gun fight" sometimes at night!?! Yeiks! Cheers, Joseph. :)

• Aug 4, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Hi o00o, I am hoping to visit tokyo in september. I want to stay around shinjiju for around 10 days. I am on a budget. Can you let me know about homestays or budget hotels. Also I like to see ginza, the famous market

• RINNAZ's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM

thank you for such a comprehensive tips. I'll be going in April this year...hope to see the cherry blossom...

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Your page is simply wonderful! I really enjoyed reading your tips and looking your photos about urban landscapes, people, parks . . . especially the ones with marvellous points of view. *N*

• WhittierWasabi's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 5:15 AM

I am going to Tokyo this summer, on a Monday and Tuesday. I know the best day to go to Harajuku is Sunday - I'm going to miss it! Will there still be costumed people there on those days?

• Feb 14, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Hope to meet you some day in Tokyo! Hope to remember me! volopolo

o00o Lives Here!