Yokohama Things to Do Tips by o00o
Yokohama Things to Do: 248 reviews and 593 photos
< Grand Mall Park >
A wide open space that accommodates the large crowds for which the Minato Mirai 21 District is known. The area in front of the Yokohama Museum of Art and the walkways to the Landmark Tower Yokohama and Queen's Square Yokohama are known as 'Art Plaza,' 'Yoyo Plaza' and 'Cross Patio,' respectively.
A... Shopping Malls and Department Stores Review
< Yokohama Jackmall >
A gigantic commercial complex that accommodates numerous specialty stores and restaurants in its 22,000 sq meters of floor space. The mall consists of an East Wing and a West Wing, linked by Grand Mall Park.
< Minato Mirai 21 Gallery for Community Development >
This gallery offers a video program introducing the MM21 project as well as panels of aerial photos that show how the district has changed over time. Visitors can also use the gallery's PCs to search for information about local facilities and events.
Minato Mirai Pukarisanbashi Pier
A pier where you can catch shuttle boats to Yamashita Park, the East Exit of Yokohama Station & Hakkeijima Sea Paradise as well as sightseeing cruises around the Port of Yokohama; the pier building contains restaurants.
Other Contact: Shinko Park Like Rinko Park ac
< Kishamichi Promenade/Unga Park >
Kishamichi is a promenade that takes advantages of several key assets in the area, including some abandoned rail tracks and a truss-style bridge. Visitors along the route can enjoy calm water and views of the urban landscape. Served by the promenade, Unga Park is a base for waterfront recreation located at the gateway to the leafy Shinko District.
Other Contact: Once inside the colorful gates p
In the past, most of these Chinese resided in the Chinatown district but today many commute to work during the day and only approximately 2700 actually live there. This is the largest Chinatown in Japan, and facilities such as schools for children of Chinese descent are also located there. Some of the older families have lived there for as long as 5 or 6 generations.
< The World Largest, Bustling Chinatown >
Yokohama Chinatown occupies an area of approximately 300 meters (984 feet) square in the old downtown area of Yokohama. Apart from Nagasaki, which was the only port open to international trade during Japan's national seclusion in the Edo period (1603-1868) that lasted from around the mid-17th century for a little over 200 years, Yokohama was the first port to be opened in 1859 after Japan ended its seclusion. Thereafter, and until the Great Kanto Earthquake in 1923, Yokohama was the gateway to Japan, proudly ranking as the country's largest port. Shortly after Yokohama became an open port, numerous Chinese merchants came to Japan to operate trading companies. Engaging primarily in the trade of marine products, they played an important role in the foreign trade that was taking place in Yokohama until the 1920s.
Other Contact: < Marine Tower > This decagon
More Reviews (7)
o00o's Related Pages
Yokohama Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Minato Mirai"
- "I would live in that Japanese city"
- "Yokohama, International and Port Future City"
- "Rebecca_jp's new Yokohama Page"
- "Yokohama 2016"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yokohama
- Hotels in Yokohama
- Transportation in Yokohama
- Nightlife in Yokohama
- Restaurants in Yokohama
- Shopping in Yokohama
- Warnings and Dangers in Yokohama
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yokohama
- 17 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Yokohama?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yokohama
Photos in YokohamaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 123 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 82 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 66 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazca Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 51 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Tonle Sab Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Turkey Intro, 32 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
- Temples and Shrines- 10 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Minato Mirai 21- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Chinatown- 38 Reviews, 66 Photos
- Sankeien Gardens- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Yamashita Park- 15 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Major Parks- 22 Reviews, 90 Photos
- Kanazawa Hakkei- 5 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Yokohama Station and its Vicinity- 13 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Yokohama Baybridge- 5 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Landmark Tower- 14 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Yokohama Things to Do