Arctic Things to Do Tips by o00o
Arctic Things to Do: 113 reviews and 157 photos
My journey to the Arctic Circle was divided into 2 seasons; Late summer (late August 1998 ) in Alaska and winter in Lappland ( Late Dec 2000 ).
It traverses some of Alaska's most remote wilderness and lacks many services to which you may be accustomed.
Directions: The Dalton Highway is a 414-mile gravel road that begins at mile 73 of the Elliott Highway.
<font color=red> Things to do here - Summer
During the summer (July-September), you may travel by boat to fish, hike, sightsee, and observe traditional hunting with overnight stays at an Inuit outpost camp. Various optional tours by plane, hiking, or seal kayaking provide an exciting extension for the inquisitive adventurer. Baffin Island in summer will wrap you in the exciting mystique of the Land of the Mid Night Sun. </font>
2 Murmansk – Vally of Victory - Nikel – Kirkenese – Berlevag – Kjollefjord – Honingsvag – Nordkap – <font color=blue> *Karasyok – *Karigasniemi - *Inari – *Ivalo – *Rovaniemi </font> – Kiruna <<font color=blue> *Hitch Hike for a total distance of 680kms at Arctic </font>
1 Anchorage - Denali National Park – Chena Lake - Fairbanks – Finger Mountain (Arctic Circle) – Sukakpak Mountain – Atigun Pass (North Slope) – Prudhoe Bay – Paxson - Valdez
* 15 Dec 2000 - Karasyok Norway, Aurora appear at UTC 24:00-03:15 (16 Dec); - as the result of watching too much Aurora, I missed the only bus to Rovaniemi in the morning.
* 16 Dec 2000 - Hitch Hiked from Karasyok Norway to Sodankyila Finland, Aurora appear during the journey on the highway at UTC 21:20-21:35
Other Contact: My experience
Auroras seem to spread across the sky above us. From Earth we can only see a tiny section of the aurora's ring that circles the Earth. Just as the auroras move and dance in the sky above us, the ring changes as well.</font>
More Reviews (8)
o00o's Related Pages
Arctic Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cruising Alaska, Spitsbergen, Russia & Norway"
- "Sharrie's Arctic Circle"
- "Arctic 2005"
- "Tiksi Russia The very North of know where"
- "My home for 5 months . . Canadian Arctic"
- "White and Green Lands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arctic
- Hotels in Arctic
- Transportation in Arctic
- Nightlife in Arctic
- Restaurants in Arctic
- Shopping in Arctic
- Warnings and Dangers in Arctic
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bang O Hotels
- Sandstone Falls State Park Hotels
- Moratuwa Hotels
- Placencia Village
- Kehlsdorf Hotels
Badges & Stats in Arctic
- 30 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Countries
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Arctic?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arctic
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 123 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 82 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 66 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazca Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 51 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Tonle Sab Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Turkey Intro, 32 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues