Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Favorite Tips by o00o
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Favorites: 37 reviews and 39 photos
Favorite thing: There are also many caves to explore at the base of the rock and if you happen to see the rock on a rare rainy day, you will see hundreds of waterfalls that flow down the unusual groves in the side of the monolith.
Favorite thing: From the top you have a view of the endless flat desert landscape with two other monoliths, Mt Conner on one horizon and the Olgas on the other.
Favorite thing: Visitors can make tough 1.6km walk to the top or take a walking tour around the rock with an aboriginal guide , learning about its fascinating with the Uluru people and its importance in dreamtime legend.
Favorite thing: Uluru rises 348 m (1,142 ft) from the desert floor and has a circumference of about 9 km (6 mi). Made of arkosic sandstone, Uluru is spectacular at sunset, when its colour appears to change from red to purple. About 70 million years ago it was an island in a large lake.
Favorite thing: 1985 the land was officially returned to is traditional owners, the region's Aborigines, who since then leased the area to the Australian National Parks and Wildlife Service. In 1987 the park was placed on the World Heritage List.
Favorite thing: Uluru National park was established as Ayers Rock/Mount Olga National park back in 1958 but was renamed to it's current name in 1977.
Red Center of Outback in Australia
Favorite thing: Uluru alias Ayers Rock alias 'The Rock', it is here in the 'red centre' we find one of Australia's most recognisable icons and the worlds largest monolith is found in the national park with the same name.
More Reviews (28)
o00o's Related Pages
Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "G'Day from the Red Centre"
- "IMPREXXION: YULARA-ULURU"
- "Living at `The Rock`"
- "The Red and Hot Centre"
- "Uluru, Kata Tjuta and Watarrka NP"
- "Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park"
- "Uluru National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Hotels in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Transportation in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Nightlife in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Restaurants in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Shopping in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- Warnings and Dangers in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- See All...
Explore the World
- Miami Beach Hotels
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- Tahquamenon Falls State Park Hotels
- North America
- Puerto Galera Hotels
- Gold Coast Hotels
- New York City
- Ko Samui Hotels
- Miri Hotels
- Padang Besar Hotels
- Key West
- Southern Province Hotels
- Madrid Hotels
Badges & Stats in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
- 35 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
Photos in Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)See All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 123 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 82 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 66 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazca Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 51 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Tonle Sab Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Turkey Intro, 32 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) hotel reviews
- Sails in the Desert Ayers Rock Resort
- 612 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Desert Gardens Hotel
- 575 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 17, 2013
- Outback Pioneer Hotel
- 458 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 16, 2013
- Ayers Rock Campground
- 140 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 15, 2013
- The Lost Camel Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions