"Machu Picchu" Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu by o00o

Machu Picchu Travel Guide: 654 reviews and 1,827 photos

Machu Picchu

The ruins of Machu Picchu, rediscovered in 1911 by Yale archaeologist Hiram Bingham, are one of the most beautiful and enigmatic ancient sites in South America.

The ancient Inca turned the site into a small but extraordinary city with width of 5 km2.

It locates at 2280m above the rumbling Urubamba river, the cloud shrouded ruins have palaces, baths, temples, storage rooms and some 150 houses, all in a remarkable state of preservation.

These structures, carved from the gray granite of the mountain top are wonders of both architectural and aesthetic genius.

• Last visit to Machu Picchu: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jul 9, 2004

• katalin's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Great view from the ruin! Beautiful pictures!

• chatterley's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2006 at 11:00 PM

you've been to some of the most exotic locations on this planet! great page on Machu Picchu!

• JessH's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2006 at 1:17 AM

I really liked your tips (especially the fashion show in the train, hahaa!) and your fantastic photos. Hopefully I can also visit this gorgeous place one day. Greetings from the desert :-) Jess

• Kajser-MK's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 1:29 AM

Grat photographs of one of my dream destinations- Machu Picchu. I would love to see it some day.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 12:55 PM

Great pictures of Machu Picchu--you must have really enjoyed touring this ancient ruin. It has always sounded so mystical to me....

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2005 at 9:08 AM

Great Machu Picchu pages. I was there last month, it was amazing :-)

• mskwan's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 3:55 PM

Thank you for taking the time to photograph and gather information on campgrounds and lodges. They are helpful on my trip planning.

• timtrina's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2004 at 4:02 PM

What extrodinary photos - they are just beautiful! So much useful information also - this is a great Machu Picchu page! :) Trina

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 8:07 AM

What an impressive place! I hope to go there one day!

• Beograd's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2004 at 1:58 AM

I always knew that this is fabulous place, but now that I've seen your page I'll have to put it my top pririties list! Great!!!!

o00o

“Twitter: o00o_”

Badges & Stats in Machu Picchu

Have you been to Machu Picchu?

Latest Activity in Machu Picchu