"Kaesong, my first step to North Korea" Kaesong by o00o
Kaesong Travel Guide: 86 reviews and 277 photos
Unforgettable visit to North Korea, where the media said the country is poor, the people are rude and the government is extremly strict where the traveler has very limit of paces to go.
Indeed, the area where the travelers can go is decided, no single step beyond if there is a sign stand. Many plain clothes police walks nearby you, and you are not allow to talk to the locals.
The city mainly opens for investor for industry. More than 80% of investors are from South Korea.
The industry involves Automobile, process can food, electrical and semiconductor spare parts.
Kaesong was developed as old capital before. After the North-South Korean war, the capital moved to Pyongyang.
Now you can see Kaesong is consider as second large city in North Korea. Now the population there is around 0.35 million people.
Even tough Kaesong is the second largest City in North Korea, the roads are wide and hugh but empty with people and vehicles.
Once in awhile the buses come but no passengers.
During my stay there, the city was mostly blackout during day time. Restaurant, shops, hotels and public building were dark, quiet and humid.
It was silence just like Cowboy city.
Surprisingly the city was extremely clean, just like Disneyland with no one in but there were flies everywhere.
Kaesong Army Camp is near to the Kaesong city main entrance from Pyongyang direction. It Is located side of the... more travel advice
Most of the people may think Nandemon can only found in South Korea, actually there is one in Kaesong North Korea. In... more travel advice
o00o's Related Pages
Kaesong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "On the Far Side of the Kimchee Curtain... Kaesong"
- "North Korea's win from the Korean War"
- "Kaesong - a glimse of Korean history"
- "Rush hour in Kaesong"
- "Big on history but near big trouble"
- "The Old Capital"
- "Kaesong, my first step to North Korea"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaesong
- Hotels in Kaesong
- Transportation in Kaesong
- Nightlife in Kaesong
- Restaurants in Kaesong
- Shopping in Kaesong
- Warnings and Dangers in Kaesong
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kaesong
- 20 Reviews
- 42 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Kaesong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaesong
Photos in KaesongSee All Photos (42)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tokyo Intro, 123 reviews, 134 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 82 reviews, 121 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tokyo-to Intro, 66 reviews, 85 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 65 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nazca Intro, 57 reviews, 60 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 56 reviews, 59 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 49 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Angkor Wat Intro, 51 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Phumi Tonle Sab Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Turkey Intro, 32 reviews, 67 photos, 5 travelogues