EugeneM's profile photo

EugeneM

Eugene Martinez Online Now
The delight's in the details!

My Favorite Pages

Destination Pages

Travel Map

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Nov 14, 2013 at 6:10 AM

Eugene, amico mio, where have you gone to? You've been MIA for a couple of weeks now; come baaaack!!! I may have a specific question or two for you to help me with. :O)

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Odinnthor Nov 14, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Yeah, hey Eugene, just popped by to say hey........d:o)
    Hope you are well

FernandaF's Profile Photo
FernandaF Oct 28, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Florence '. You've been a huge help.

RoscoeGregg's Profile Photo
RoscoeGregg Oct 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM

That was a great tip on Florence.

Jmama0525 Sep 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Camera equipment'. I appreciate your advice.

WTTWBB's Profile Photo
WTTWBB Sep 9, 2013 at 7:41 AM

HI, I saw your photo on the website are taken in Florence, I will visit there by the end of this Sept, I have read a lot of this city, including listening some lectures of the history, the art and the architecture, it must be an exciting experience.

EugeneM Sep 9, 2013 at 1:12 PM

It's an exciting experience to visit Florence, WTTWBB. I'm very lucky - I live here! ;o)

WTTWBB's Profile Photo
WTTWBB Sep 5, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'where to buy a cooker (fissler pressure cooker) in FLorence?'. I appreciate your advice.

hjr098 Aug 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Thanks for your answer to 're train stations Florence & Venice'. Thank you, That's sounds simple. Should I book the tickets in advance?

EugeneM Aug 19, 2013 at 4:49 AM

Depends on when you'll be traveling. There's usually no problem getting on a train, but if you purchase in advance online you'll be able to take advantage of discounted fares. The farther in advance you purchase, the deeper the discount. In some cases, you'll find great fares that will also allow changes to the booking should you need to.

goodfish's Profile Photo
goodfish Aug 14, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Buon giorno, Eugene! How are things in beautiful Firenze today? :O)

EugeneM Aug 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Ciao Kate! Things in beautiful Florence are absolutely stunningly... beautiful today! The heat wave finally broke and we're enjoying a breezy, balmy holiday today. In fact, today is "Ferragosto" - the holiday every red-blooded italian takes extremely seriously. Yes, the day is fundamentally a religious holiday (Assumption of Mary Day), but what's most important for the locals is that it's the one day when everyone closes up EVERYTHING and heads to the beach. Which is fantastic for the rest of us because we have this town to ourselves!!! Of course, Ferragosto will somehow manage to spread itself over the space of a few days. After all, tomorrow *is* Friday, followed by the weekend... so why rush back? ;o)

And how are things in your neck of the woods?

• goodfish's Profile Photo
    goodfish Aug 21, 2013 at 5:20 AM

I think you sent that heat wave my direction: been beastly this week! The Minnesota State Fair begins on Thursday - our official "end of summer" event - and school buses will be trundling the streets again in another week or so. Summer here in the North Country is all too short. :O(

poeticview23's Profile Photo
poeticview23 Aug 2, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'First time in Italy'. I appreciate all your specific advice. Lots to think about.

EugeneM Aug 2, 2013 at 8:58 AM

Any time! I remember my first vist here, long before I finally wound up living here. Exciting!!

darling.clementine's Profile Photo
darling.clementine Jul 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'The grand tour'. You've been a huge help.

EugeneM Jul 30, 2013 at 5:05 AM

My pleasure, Clementine! I can't wait to see how your Grand Tour develops!