"Terneuzen, my roots are there!" Top 5 Page for this destination Terneuzen by schielen
Terneuzen Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 103 photos
<font color="green">On the 6th of may 1961 I was born in Terneuzen. For the first 26 jears of my life I have lived here. Seeing Terneuzen as a location on a global tourism-internet site was a big suprise to me! Since no one has made a travel-page for this town, I will. </font>
Terneuzen is a port and a town dominated by industrie. You will find it in the extreme south-west corner of the Netherlands, only 13 kilometer from the Belgian border. The south-west of the Netherlands has a lot of water. In fact, there is a little land between the waters! Terneuzen lies on a peninsula which can only be reached by boot or through Belgium.
Internationaly Terneuzen is best known for it's locks which are the entrance to the canal which links the Belgian town of Gent with the sea. In the picture you see how big the ships are who use these locks. You can only see the upper structure!
This small town advertises itself as 'the most Flemmish town in The Netherlands'. This is certainly partly true due to... more travel advice
Don't take a swim in the Westerschelde! This sea-arm gets it's water from the river Schelde that flows in Belgium along... more travel advice
schielen's Related Pages
Terneuzen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "catnl's new Veere & Terneuzen Page"
- "Terneuzen, my roots are there!"
- "avdb1948's new Terneuzen Page"
- "Terneuzen a great city to visit"
- "3rd harbour town of The Netherlands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Terneuzen
- Hotels in Terneuzen
- Transportation in Terneuzen
- Restaurants in Terneuzen
- Warnings and Dangers in Terneuzen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Terneuzen
- 11 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Terneuzen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Terneuzen
Photos in TerneuzenSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- Yemen Intro, 22 reviews, 218 photos, 12 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Terneuzen Intro, 11 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Middle East 1 review, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uzbekistan Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos