"Isafjordhur, part of an Iceland trip." Ísafjörður by schielen
Ísafjörður Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 47 photos
During my trip around the island Iceland a spent 3 days in the most Northern region of this country. About this region:
A whole New World. The landscape is majestic, with fjord after fjord, towering above shore and sea, and the diversity. Each and every fjord has its own distinctive character. Tiny fishing villages nestle at their foot. The West Fjords are an ideal place for hikers and all nature lovers, in summer and winter alike. But for all the grandeur and variety of the landscape, perhaps the most enchanting attraction is the peace and quiet and endless calm that make the West Fjords a world you’ll want to escape to forever. The West Fjords account for more than half of Iceland’s total shoreline. The shore is everywhere, infinitely varied, changing with the seasons, lying on the mystical border between different worlds. Seals bask on the rocks, huge colonies of seabirds are seen and the king of the skies, the white-tailed eagle watching over.
The first morning of my trip to Iceland I woke up in my little tent. Although it was only 6.45 AM, the sun was already... more travel advice
schielen's Related Pages
Ísafjörður Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Seamandrew's Ísafjörður page"
- "LOVELIEST CITY IN THE NORTH WEST OF ICELAND"
- "Isafjordhur, part of an Iceland trip."
- "Iceland - the roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ísafjörður
- Hotels in Ísafjörður
- Transportation in Ísafjörður
- Restaurants in Ísafjörður
- See All...
Explore the World
- Bethany Beach
- William O'Brien State Park Hotels
- Cape Hatteras State Park Hotels
- Itasca State Park Hotels
- Pismo Beach
- Cornwall Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte
- Nea Ionia Hotels
- Hammocks Beach State Park Hotels
Badges & Stats in Ísafjörður
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ísafjörður?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ísafjörður
Photos in ÍsafjörðurSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Yemen Intro, 22 reviews, 218 photos, 12 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 15 reviews, 58 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Terneuzen Intro, 11 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- The Hague Intro, 21 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Switzerland Intro, 17 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portugal Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Middle East 1 review, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 14 reviews, 13 photos
- Netherlands Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos, 1 travelogue
- Uzbekistan Intro, 14 reviews, 9 photos