"Huwag Ng Patumpiktumpik Na, Tara Na!" Province of Mindoro Oriental by isolatedpawn
Province of Mindoro Oriental Travel Guide: 435 reviews and 1,209 photos
It is more fun in Oriental Mindoro!
"Huwag ng patumpiktumpik pa, tara na! (Don't hesitate, Let's Go)" is the slogan by Philippine noontime show "Showtime". Allow me to borrow these words in virtually inviting you to our province, Oriental Mindoro, tara na!
Oriental Mindoro opens its doors to everyone, from the regular travelers and tourists to the businessmen and investors. A visit to Oriental Mindoro accords visitors a peaceful retreat from the complexities of city life. The serene and rejuvenating atmosphere of its white sand beaches and clear blue waters, and the fascinating view of its majestic mountains embellished with lush green forests are wondrous sights to behold. As attested by local and multi-national investors, the island's province is regarded as the new gateway to the south --- the Visayas and Mindanao --- which paves the way to better business opportunities and exciting tourist destinations. It has now the capacity to be one of our country's economic centers presently attributed to Subic, Cebu and Davao. Soon, it will be known as a tourism Mecca comparative to Boracay, Palawan and the likes. (www.ormindoro.gov.ph)
Oriental Mindoro is an image of tropical paradise - white sand beaches, clear blue waters, coral in varied colors, cool rivers and hidden waterfalls, and lush green forests covering majestic mountains.
With its largely unspoiled natural beauty, the province has much to offer in terms of tourism and investment oppurtunities. Special interest tours such as mountain climbing, trekking, hiking, camping, game fishing, adventure trips to natural caves, island hopping, scuba diving, snorkling are among the exciting activities for recreation.
Its arable lands are verynsuitable for agricultural ventures, producing large quantity or rice, corn and coconuts, also large harvests of vegetables and fruits like calamansi, banana, rambutan, lanzones and durian.
From Manila, drive down South Luzon Expressway or ride a bus going to Batangas International Port. Buses (Jam Liner, RRCG Transport System, Ceres, ALPS) plying to Manila - Batangas are available at LRT Gil Puyat Station, Metropolis Mall in Alabang, Kamias in Quezon City and Ali Mall area in Cubao. Travel time is approximately 2 1/2 hours. Honoris Lines and other buses ply the Manila-Batangas-Oriental Mindoro route while there are several van servicing the same route and could also directly take you anywhere in Oriental Mindoro. At Batangas International Port, take fast craft or Roll-on-roll-off (RORO) vessel bound to Calapan City. Trips are available every hour on a 24/7 basis. Outrigger boats are also available which could bring you to Puerto Galera. Oriental Mindoro's premier tourist destination. Many resorts are also offering chartered trips for more comfortable travel. The Strong Republic Nautical Highway paved the way for the opening of Dangay Port in Roxas as another entry point to Oriental Mindoro. Caticlan - Roxas, Oriental Mindoro RORO rides are available. There are also outrigger boats connecting Oriental Mindoro to Marinduque via Pinamalayan, Recodo - Gasan - Marinduque route. (www.ormindoro.gov.ph)
- Pros:Away from pollution, nice beaches with beautiful sunsets, healthy fruits
- In a nutshell:It is more fun in Oriental Mindoro!
Victoria is known as the fruit basket of Oriental Mindoro, thanks to the hardworking people of the town like Mr. Escala.... more travel advice
isolatedpawn's Related Pages
Province of Mindoro Oriental Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "La laguna Beach and Resort"
- "Huwag Ng Patumpiktumpik Na, Tara Na!"
- "Mts. Iglit-Baco National Park, Mindoro island"
- "Bamboo Cove"
- "Province of Mindoro Oriental"
- "Under Construction"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Hotels in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Transportation in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Nightlife in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Restaurants in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Shopping in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- 32 Reviews
- 136 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Province of Mindoro Oriental?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: What has been named after you?"
- Commented on one of isolatedpawn's Province of Mindoro Oriental tips
- Wrote a Review Plant Nursery Cultivated with Hardwork in Province of Mindoro Oriental Off The Beaten Path
- updated a Province of Mindoro Oriental Travel Page "Huwag Ng Patumpiktumpik Na, Tara Na!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Huwag Ng Patumpiktumpik Na, Tara Na!"
Photos in Province of Mindoro OrientalSee All Photos (136)
Top 10 Pages
- Calapan Intro, 27 reviews, 101 photos, 1 travelogue
- Batangas Intro, 14 reviews, 32 photos
- Ibaan Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- Province of Mindoro Oriental Intro, 2 reviews, 15 photos
- Naujan Intro, 2 reviews, 12 photos
- Province of Batangas Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Puerto Galera Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Cavite Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Lucban Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Hong Kong Island Intro, 1 review, 4 photos