"Quebec: A Unique North American Place" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Quebec by AKtravelers
Province of Quebec Travel Guide: 6,676 reviews and 15,071 photos
Quebec is one of my favorite places in the world. It has an abundance of natural beauty, French language and a simlar cuisine, a rich history and wonderful people. One thing Quebec is NOT is "a slice of Europe next door", as many advertisements in the US claim it to be. In fact, the francophone population was cut off from its old world roots earlier than the 13 British colonies. What you'll see in Quebec is a unique slice of North America that you'll never forget.
Most of this page is focused on our trip to the Gaspe and Quebec City in 2000 and to Tadoussac in 2004. While Quebec is a much bigger province than that small slice, a trip north and east of Quebec City is PLENTY to take in.
Of course, everywhere you'll go you'll see evidence of the province's French heritage. The quebecois are justifiably proud of keeping their culture alive for the 200 years since the Battle of Quebec. But don't be put off by the politics of the currents ebbs and flows of the independence movement. The people of Quebec will welcome you no matter what language you speak.
Despite all the Quebec indepedence hoopla, there are plenty of residents proud of their British past as well. The citedel, in fact, is a well-preserved Bristish fort built to protect Quebec City from the Americans, who attacked it twice (including one losing effort by Benedict Arnold).
- Pros:natural beauty, great food, good beer, friendly people, unique history, architecture
- Cons:cold winters
- In a nutshell:Un endroit unique du monde
On top of the Concorde Hotel is a restaurant that revolves, giving the diner a view of all of Quebec City if he/she... more travel advice
Mont-Albert and the Chic Choc Mountains are the home of the southernmost herd of caribou in North America. The alpine... more travel advice
- See All Enjoy the Friendly Quebecois
- Gannets "neck" when they greet each...
- See All Camping with a view in Tadoussac
- See All Watch for Large Animals in the Road!
AKtravelers' Related Pages
Province of Quebec Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Province of Quebec - Historic and Amazing!"
- "Quebec: A Unique North American Place"
- "Biking my way through Quebec one road at a time!"
- "Quebec- La belle province"
- "Quebec, Canada"
- "Pierre_Rouss Province of Québec page"
- "Quebec.....Europe without the jetlag!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Quebec
- Hotels in Province of Quebec
- Transportation in Province of Quebec
- Nightlife in Province of Quebec
- Restaurants in Province of Quebec
- Shopping in Province of Quebec
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Quebec
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Quebec
- 29 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Province of Quebec?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Quebec
- Posted in Travel Hawaii (State of) Forum "Re: Suggested Itinerary for 10..."
- Wrote a Review Revolving Restaurant at L'Hotel Concorde in Province of Quebec Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Revolving Restaurant at L'Hotel Concorde"
- updated a Province of Quebec Travel Page "Quebec: A Unique North American Place"
Photos in Province of QuebecSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oahu Intro, 94 reviews, 187 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tokyo Intro, 49 reviews, 172 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 45 reviews, 119 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 46 reviews, 110 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Seoul Intro, 65 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cusco Intro, 41 reviews, 61 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 29 reviews, 60 photos, 1 travelogue
- Baltimore Intro, 34 reviews, 55 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Machu Picchu Intro, 33 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maine Intro, 34 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues