"my visit to Thinadhoo, Vaavu Atoll - Maldives" Thinadhoo by eelafoolhu

Thinadhoo Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos

Beautiful island, quiet and relaxing

I recently traveled to Thinadhoo after a very long time. Vaavu atoll is always familiar to me as i was born there and I used to visit to my Mothers island, Felidhoo, which is next Thinadhoo.

Thinadhoo is not like it used to be... this islands population is recorded the smallest in Maldives with only 25 - 40 islanders living in the island. Rest of the population is construction workers from neighboring countries like India, Sir Lanka and Bangladesh.

The island has 1 harbor on the south side of the island and the rest of the island surrounds with white sandy beach, clean and with many sun chairs.

Currently the island has 2 guest houses and both are beach front home like with its own little private area on the beach.

Guesthouse i choose had a small hut at the beach where dinner and breakfast is served.

West side beach is so beautiful and watching the sunset from here made my day. (unfortunately) we were not able to see a sunrise (yeah!! too lazy to get up early)

We did a night fishing excursion on a local dhoani. was near the north east reef of the island and spent like about 2 hours on this boat. We caught 4 groupers, which was later BBQ-ed at dinner :) Fish was so fresh and the chef made it sooo good.

I had a chat with the owner of one of these guesthouses, he told me they offer many more excursion options, including; day visits to other local island and picnics to uninhabited islands and sandbanks.

They also provide close by resort visits, diving (from resort or another island 10 minutes away from Thinadhoo).

We didn't get a chance to see the islands house reef. but i'm sure that it will look beautiful even for snorkeling (saw some photos from the owners iphone too, and looks amazingly beautiful, with lots of large table corals and species of fish)

This place is for travelers who wants a quiet and relaxing holiday. or if you want to dive Vaavu atoll. It was a relaxing experience in Thinadhoo.

• Last visit to Thinadhoo: Jun 2013
  • Intro Updated Jun 18, 2013

Comments

eelafoolhu Visits Here Frequently!

eelafoolhu

“explore, surf and connect”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Thinadhoo

Have you been to Thinadhoo?

Latest Activity in Thinadhoo