"Channel-Port aux Basques / Rose Blanche Lighthouse" Channel-Port aux Basques by Lostnspace
Channel-Port aux Basques Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Diamond Cove, Harbour Le Cou and the Rose Blanche Lighthouse are all beautiful locaitons to check out. The Rose Blanche Lighthouse requires a short walk of ~500 meters along a boardwalk from the parking lot. During the tourist season there are souvenir shops at the parking lot along with public restrooms. Informational signs along the walkway give the history of the Rost Blanche and other local history. Diamond Cove and Harbour Le Cou are residential areas with a couple of small shops, fishing shacks, and some great photo opportunities.
The Rose Blanche Lighthouse was the highlight of my short visit to beautiful Newfoundland. Definitely worth the cost of a rental car to come and visit this historic lighthouse.
The surrounding area is beautiful, with a very unusual terrain full of exposed rock, natural pools, and some beautiful waterfalls. By all means, take a short drive out of town and see the countryside.
- Pros:Beautiful scenery and interesting geology
- Cons:Fuel and other costs a bit higher than on the mainland.
- In a nutshell:Newfoundland Beauty and Impressive Lighthouses
Lostnspace's Related Pages
Channel-Port aux Basques Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Channel-Port aux Basques, Newfoundland, Canada"
- "Stop 1 - New Found Land"
- "Channel-Port aux Basques / Rose Blanche Lighthouse"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Channel-Port aux Basques
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Channel-Port aux Basques?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Channel-Port aux Basques
- updated a Channel-Port aux Basques Travel Page "Channel-Port aux Basques / Rose Blanche Lighthouse"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Channel-Port aux Basques / Rose Blanche Lighthouse"
No friends yet.