"ADVENTUROUS AUSSIE!" Anniko's Profile
I am born in bred in Brisbane, to a Hungarian father, and a Japanese mother, who migrated to Australia more than forty years ago.
Brisbane is in the southeast corner of the state of Queensland, Australia. The city is centred along the Brisbane River, and its eastern suburbs line the shores of Moreton Bay. The greater Brisbane region includes the coastal plain, east of the Great Dividing Range. Our home sits within this area, in Logan City, 23km south of the CBD.
As for travel ... although I started late ... (At age 36, I visited Hungary, where my father was born) ... it has become an invaluable source of inspiration for me, and a hands-on way to learn about other cultures.
My husband isn't as adventurous, but is happy that I wander off to some exotic place, then meet him on the return journey ... usually in a country with less of a culture-shock ... (ex-British colony) ... That means I get to see two countries in the one journey!
So far, I have travelled to the following countries:-
2004 ... Hungary
2007 ... Hawaii
2010 ... Queenstown, New Zealand
2011 ... Nong Khai, Thailand
2011 ... Singapore
2013 ... Thimi, Nepal
2013 ... Malaysia (KL, Penang, Putrajaya)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 20 Reviews
- 113 Photos
- 7 Countries
- 11 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Commented on one of balhannah's Budapest tips
- Wrote a Review Sample Genuine Nyonya Cooking. in Penang Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sample Genuine Nyonya Cooking."
- created a Putrajaya Travel Page "Putrjaya"
- Anniko and angiebabe are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "ADVENTUROUS AUSSIE!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nong Khai Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Penang Intro, 3 reviews, 16 photos
- Brisbane Intro, 2 reviews, 11 photos
- Thimi 2 reviews, 10 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Singapore Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Putrajaya Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Geelong 1 review, 5 photos