"ADVENTUROUS AUSSIE!" Anniko's Profile

Hello from Brisbane, Australia!

I am born in bred in Brisbane, to a Hungarian father, and a Japanese mother, who migrated to Australia more than forty years ago.

Brisbane is in the southeast corner of the state of Queensland, Australia. The city is centred along the Brisbane River, and its eastern suburbs line the shores of Moreton Bay. The greater Brisbane region includes the coastal plain, east of the Great Dividing Range. Our home sits within this area, in Logan City, 23km south of the CBD.

As for travel ... although I started late ... (At age 36, I visited Hungary, where my father was born) ... it has become an invaluable source of inspiration for me, and a hands-on way to learn about other cultures.
My husband isn't as adventurous, but is happy that I wander off to some exotic place, then meet him on the return journey ... usually in a country with less of a culture-shock ... (ex-British colony) ... That means I get to see two countries in the one journey!

So far, I have travelled to the following countries:-

2004 ... Hungary
2007 ... Hawaii
2010 ... Queenstown, New Zealand
2011 ... Nong Khai, Thailand
2011 ... Singapore
2013 ... Thimi, Nepal
2013 ... Malaysia (KL, Penang, Putrajaya)

• Intro Updated Dec 21, 2013

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Apr 25, 2014 at 3:04 PM

So happy that my Hungarian towns have brought back some happy memories for you. I loved both
    Kecskemet and Szentendre.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2014 at 6:54 PM

Did I ever mention I lived and worked at Carnarvon Gorge for a year - where we had roos and wallabieshopping about the lawns at will and platypus oover in the creek...roo country all aroubd there...then lived out around Springsure then out near Blackall for quite a while. Totally different lifestyle !

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:22 AM

Lucky you ... I've never been to Carnarvon Gorge, but would like to go there one day ... Australia is such a big place ... and it's quite expensive to fly into the outback.

• jabdulrasool's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Happy Birthday.

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2014 at 4:38 PM

"That should have said belated happy birthday. Hope you had a great day. Irene"

• IreneMcKay's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM

Belated hay birthday. Hope you had a great day. Irene

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 10:25 PM

Happy happy Bday! Cheers!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 9:01 PM

Greeting from Malaysia, happy birthday and best wishes to you.

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:49 PM

Thank you ... we visited Malaysia last November and thought it was beautiful!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
      Feb 5, 2014 at 5:42 PM

That's great. I read your Malaysia pages but there are not many reviews, I look forward you have more reviews on KL and Penang.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Great pic with the roo! Hope you have a fab birthday!

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
      Feb 4, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Wallabee?

Feb 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM

We have wallabies, which is really just a small kangaroo, in bush land near us ... but the one in my profile picture is an 'eastern grey' kangaroo, from a petting zoo, much tamer than those in the wild ... and we certainly don't encounter roos or wallabies every day ... not on the street anyway.

• kingip's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM

Happy B/D! Cheers!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!