Nominate Your Location for 8th Wonder of the World
FOR DETAILS ON THE FIJI TRIP GIVEAWAY PLEASE VISIT OUR FIJI CONTEST PAGE
VirtualTourist, a leading travel website and community that's part of TripAdvisor Media Group, is crowning the “8th Wonder of the World” and will announce the campaign world-wide in collaboration with its media partner, TV show, "Extra." THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER!
WHAT IS 8th WONDER OF THE WORLD?
Tourism Boards submit a nomination from the area they represent, to be voted on by the general public.
WHY DO IT?
American TV show “Extra,” a nationally syndicated program with more than 2.6 million daily viewers and one of the longest-running entertainment shows, will serve as the exclusive media partner. They'll kick off supporting the campaign with a segment during May sweeps. Additionally, they will air another segment in August and produce a live reveal segment for the winning wonder in October. VirtualTourist will also support the campaign with a major public relations and social media push.
HOW TO WIN?
The Wonder with the most votes will be the winner. To get votes, we recommend sending out campaign information to your newsletter subscribes, posting on social media and downloading our free widget that you can place on your website to direct traffic to vote for you.
HOW IT WORKS:
• Each Tourism Bureau can submit one landmark – so for example, Tourism Los Angeles, Tourism California, and Tourism United States could all submit something different.
• Email your nomination to 8thWonder@VirtualTourist.com. Include the name, location, description of why it should be nominated in 200 characters or less and one (1) photo (650 minimum height and width).
• All nominations must be received by May 31, 2013.
• Public voting will take place on VirtualTourist.com and is open from June 3 to September 27, 2013. This gives you ample time to communicate to your friends, fans, followers and newsletter subscribers to come and vote for your landmark.
• Our free voting widget for your home page will be available beginning May 1. More details to come.
WHY DO THIS? LOTS OF EXPOSURE FOR YOUR DESTINATION!
What Media Partner, “Extra” Will do
• VirtualTourist’s media partner is TV’s “Extra” which has a viewership of 2.6 million daily viewers and more than 12 million page views per month.
• “Extra” will feature one nominated destination on their show in May, and another in August. If you would like to be considered, and are able to host and cover the cost of a crew, please include this in your email submission.
• “Extra” will also do a live reveal of the winning destination. This will take place sometime in October. Please confirm that if voted the winner, you are able to cover these costs.
• “Extra” is also interested in giving away a trip to the winning destination. Again, please confirm if you would be able to sponsor this. Please note, being voted the winner is not dependent upon any of the above.
What VirtualTorurist Will do
• VirtualTourist will distribute pitches and press releases about the campaign to garner additional media and voter attention.
• VirtualTourist will post information about the campaign on our home page during the duration of the campaign. We receive 8 to 9 million unique visitors to the site per month.
• VirtualTourist has a self-service widget maker you should use to create a button for your home page to promote voting for your destination. This will be available beginning May 1.
• VirtualTourist will feature one destination a day during the months of June, July, August and September on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
• Winning destination will receive free advertising on VirtualTourist.com.
• March 18 – May 31: Submissions open
• May 1: Self-service home page widgets available. We’ll have more details on this in the coming weeks
• June 3 – September 27: Public voting / Start spreading the news!
• October: Live reveal