"Oh for an easier way to get there." Blahnix's Profile

Me in a nutshell

Having spent thirty three years living in the USA, Marietta, Georgia, I had the opportunity to see a great deal of that magnificent country.
Born in Liverpool, went to school in Wales, moved to Bedford at the tender age of eighteen where I met the man who was to be my husband for the next eleven years. We went to live in Georgia because that is where Lockheed is and that is where my husband was offered a position.
He had a pilots license so we flew ourselves to many destinations including the Bahama Islands, where one day I would like to return.

Since coming back to England I bought a small cottage in the Auvergne region of France so am constantly looking for cheap ways to get there. When I first went to stay in the house I took a coach from Liverpool to London, London to Lyon, a train from Lyon to Thiers, a bus from Thiers to Olliergues, from there a taxi to the house. This would take over thirty hours but because I needed to take things like bed linens, towels and such my luggage was too much to take on a plane at an affordable price. Now I can fly with a regular size suitcase all I have to do is find the cheapest way to get there and because there are so many different routes to take it sometimes becomes frustrating so anyone who travels in France and knows the best sites to find cheap fares will be greatly appreciated.
The last time I flew into Clermont Ferrand but from Liverpool or Manchester it is only possible to do this at certain times of the year. I have also flown to Paris and Lyon. Any other suggestions?

• Intro Updated Mar 16, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Blahnix's Profile Photo

Blahnix

“Getting there without a headache.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.