"Mani in Laconia area - Peloponnese - Greece" Top 5 Page for this destination West Mani by marka13

West Mani Travel Guide: 57 reviews and 182 photos

Mani my homeland

Mani is the place where my both parents come from. Even if I was born and live in Athens, it still remains my favorite place and I spend there 4-5 months a year. I consider myself almost local, when I'm there, as I meet many people and know the area pretty well.

For any additional info for the place, feel free to contact me.

But for a first introduction with Maniots, their history, their customs and the beautiful place visit my LACONIAN PREFECTURE page and learn about Gythio, Sparta, Monemvasia, Vathia etc.

Thank you for your virtual visiting of my homeland!

Special thanks to the creator of www.mani.org.gr site for the increadibly amount of info, he let me use for this site and for the beautiful pics you will enjoy in many of my tips.

• In a nutshell:Mani is really special... Special people and special place - Come to see and believe
  • Last visit to West Mani: Mar 2003
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2007 at 7:16 AM

A brilliant page with outstanding tips.

• Intrepidduck's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2004 at 7:05 AM

The Mani facinates me and I'm about to get stuck into reading Patrick Leigh Fermors "The Mani". Your site and the book should open my insight when Walking Europe later this year.

• peijtertjes's Profile Photo
    Oct 31, 2003 at 12:47 AM

Wow another place to go where are not too many tourists in Greece. Never heard of Mani before but is sounds great. I'am enjoying your pages ;-)

• 850prc's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 12:31 PM

Terrific peek at your homeland, Marka. This is a very entertaining page.

• Redule's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2003 at 8:45 AM

it is so interesting about weeping songs and vendettas. exactly what I like to read. by the way, all your pages are very interesting and useful, all your pelaponesse tips go to my Custom travel guide

• eden_teuling's Profile Photo
    May 19, 2003 at 3:40 AM

I'm most impressed, Marka, I love history and reading your trips-tips+stories, time flew by! Exciting and..how much I've missed while there! Thanks, elisabeth

• globerover's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2003 at 2:06 AM

a most interesting page with lots of infos; now that vendettas are no longer practiced it seems safe to go there :))))

• Jewels's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2003 at 4:04 PM

What a hot blooded people you are - weeping songs and vendettas - I love the caverns :o) Great pics and tons of info here

• allouc's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2003 at 8:28 AM

Thanks again for a lovingly built page.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2003 at 8:30 PM

Marka your page is very good and your writing is so good and so helpful the pic's great this looks like a lovely place to visit

marka13

“Whatever happens, NEVER betray your inner self”

Badges & Stats in West Mani

Have you been to West Mani?

Latest Activity in West Mani