"Plaka- Psiri- Thisio- Exarhia -The heart of Athens" Plaka by marka13
Plaka Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 36 photos
When Athens became Greece's capital in 1834, it was primarily composed of what is today known as Plaka. Since that time the city has spread enormously but Plaka has retained many of its old buildings and its character.
Situated at the base of the hill where the Acropolis is perched, Plaka is the neighborhood where every tourist should spend at least a short time. In fact, most tourists use Plaka as their base because of the large number of historic sites and museums in the vicinity.
In the "must see" tips section, I will try to inform you about things you can do to spend your time in Plaka and the greater area.
Day and night activities!!!
- In a nutshell:Plaka is a "must see"!!! VISIT IT!
By the way, if you haven't visit the museum of popular musical instruments, it's a pity not to visit it. It's small,... more travel advice
I would rather prefer to go there at evening and meet many young people drinking their wine , singing and eating... more travel advice
marka13's Related Pages
Plaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Plaka- Psiri- Thisio- Exarhia -The heart of Athens"
- "In the heart of Athens"
- "The Plaka is a separate destination within Athens"
- "PLAKA IS A PLEASURE"
- "PLAKA: Eat, Drink and be Merry"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plaka
- 10 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 22 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Plaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plaka
Photos in PlakaSee All Photos (11)
Top 5 Pages
- Greece Intro, 36 reviews, 53 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Laconia Intro, 21 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination West Mani Intro, 20 reviews, 23 photos
- Athens Intro, 15 reviews, 6 photos
- Plaka Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos