"Ireland The Emerald Isle" Ireland by SusanneBeck
Ireland Travel Guide: 16,248 reviews and 37,251 photos
<font color=#006600><b>Ireland is the second largest island of the British Isles. Its southern part forms the Republic of Ireland while the Northeast corner is the province of Northern Ireland. Ireland is separated from Great Britain by the Irish Sea. At Torr Head in County Antrim, Ireland is only 22km away from the Mull of Kintyre in Scotland and on a good day this is clearly visible.
I've lived in Northern Ireland all my life. My parents are English and moved here soon after they got married. They came to visit my grandmother who'd moved over looking for a fresh start and they fell in love with the beauty here. I'm so glad they did. I love it in Northern Ireland. I used to hate it and wanted to leave as soon as I could but things changed as I grew up. I soon began to realise the great things about this country -the beauty, the friendly people, the culture, everything!</font></b>
<font size=4>Country Facts<p>
Republic of Ireland</font></b>
<font color=#006600><b>Area: 70 284 sq km
Population: 3 590 000
Major Cities: Cork, Dún Laoghaire, Limerick, Waterford
Official Languages: English, Irish Gaelic
Main Religions: Roman Catholicism, Protestantism
Currency: Punt (Euro from year 2002)
Highest Point: Carrauntoohill (1041m)
Longest River: Shannon (370km)
Largest Lake: Lough Corrib (176 sq km)</font></b>
<font size=4><font color=#000000>Northern Ireland</font>
<font color=#006600><font size=2><b>Area: 14 121 sq km
Population: 1 595 000
Other cities: Bangor, Londonderry
Official Language: English
Main Religions: Protestantism, Roman Catholicism
Currency: Pound sterling (£)
Highest Point: Slieve Donard (852m)
Longest River: Upper and Lower Bann (137km)
Largest Lake: Lough Neagh (396 sq km)
Ireland is divided into 4 provinces. I'll tell you more about them so that you can understand the country better.
The troubles When people hear of Ireland, mostly it's negative - bombs, riots, paramilitary organisations.. and the list... more travel advice
SusanneBeck's Related Pages
Ireland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite places in Europe"
- "Ireland - I wouldn't start from here"
- "Leprechauns Make Me Do It!!!"
- "IRELAND - The Adventure"
- "REPUBLIC OF IRELAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ireland
- Hotels in Ireland
- Transportation in Ireland
- Nightlife in Ireland
- Restaurants in Ireland
- Shopping in Ireland
- Warnings and Dangers in Ireland
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ireland
- 8 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Ireland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ireland
- Posted in Travel Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Forum "Re: Re: Real life in Las Palmas"
- created a Ireland Travel Page "Ireland The Emerald Isle"
- Wrote a Review The troubles When people hear... in Ireland Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Ireland The Emerald Isle"
- Commented on one of Chris_Dahlia's Ireland travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Corsica Intro, 47 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 36 reviews, 17 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salamanca Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Cambridgeshire Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Nottinghamshire Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Belfast Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos