"Leeds : City of Hope" Leeds by SusanneBeck

Leeds Travel Guide: 602 reviews and 1,759 photos

<font color=#000000><font size=4><center>I </font><font color=#000000><font size=2>went to Leeds with my mum when I was in Upper 6th at School. It was that difficult time, just before doing my A Level exams, when I had to choose which university I wanted to spend 4 years at. I had narrowed it down to 3 and that had been hard enough, but now I had to choose one. Before the visit, Leeds did seem a great choice. It was either Leeds, Leicester or my hometown uni in Coleraine. I have a lot of family living in Leicester and although that had its advantages, I wanted my independance. Leeds sounded great, not too far away from my family but far enough to have my independance.

Right from the moment we drove into Leeds, I loved it! It was such a great city and had such a lovely, warm, friendly atmosphere. It had those great tall buildings, busy streets, and shops like any big city - <I>boy, do I love big cities!!</i> We spent the morning looking around the university and then the afternoon exploring the city. Unfortunately we couldn't stay longer, but we didn't have much time as I had an appointment with the Leicester university the next day.

Although I loved Leeds, I didn't go to university there. I still wonder what life would have been like there and sometimes I regret my decision. The only reason I really didn't go there was just that the course at the university wasn't exactly what I wanted. I couldn't do both French and Spanish. It would have been French and beginners German and although this did sound good, I just couldn't give up my spanish. So in the end it came between choosing Spanish or living in Leeds. I chose the spanish and went to Coleraine Uni where I am very happy. I do want to go back to Leeds someday soon though. It was such a great city.</font></center>

• Last visit to Leeds: Mar 1999
  • Intro Written Sep 11, 2002

SusanneBeck

“So much to see, not enough time!”

Ranked Member