"Leeds : City of Hope" Leeds by SusanneBeck
Leeds Travel Guide: 639 reviews and 1,929 photos
<font color=#000000><font size=4><center>I </font><font color=#000000><font size=2>went to Leeds with my mum when I was in Upper 6th at School. It was that difficult time, just before doing my A Level exams, when I had to choose which university I wanted to spend 4 years at. I had narrowed it down to 3 and that had been hard enough, but now I had to choose one. Before the visit, Leeds did seem a great choice. It was either Leeds, Leicester or my hometown uni in Coleraine. I have a lot of family living in Leicester and although that had its advantages, I wanted my independance. Leeds sounded great, not too far away from my family but far enough to have my independance.
Right from the moment we drove into Leeds, I loved it! It was such a great city and had such a lovely, warm, friendly atmosphere. It had those great tall buildings, busy streets, and shops like any big city - <I>boy, do I love big cities!!</i> We spent the morning looking around the university and then the afternoon exploring the city. Unfortunately we couldn't stay longer, but we didn't have much time as I had an appointment with the Leicester university the next day.
Although I loved Leeds, I didn't go to university there. I still wonder what life would have been like there and sometimes I regret my decision. The only reason I really didn't go there was just that the course at the university wasn't exactly what I wanted. I couldn't do both French and Spanish. It would have been French and beginners German and although this did sound good, I just couldn't give up my spanish. So in the end it came between choosing Spanish or living in Leeds. I chose the spanish and went to Coleraine Uni where I am very happy. I do want to go back to Leeds someday soon though. It was such a great city.</font></center>
Leeds is an important rail travel centre and Leeds City Station, which is within the central business area, has the... more travel advice
Leeds has a good transport network. For road maps, click here. more travel advice
SusanneBeck's Related Pages
Leeds Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "LEEDS, LIVE IT, LOVE IT"
- "My Home!!!"
- "Lively Leeds"
- "Leeds ? A victorian city wakes up"
- "Leeds, West Yorkshire"
- "Leeds: The Largest City in the North"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leeds
- Hotels in Leeds
- Transportation in Leeds
- Nightlife in Leeds
- Restaurants in Leeds
- Shopping in Leeds
- Warnings and Dangers in Leeds
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leeds
- 11 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Leeds?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leeds
- updated a Leeds Travel Page "Leeds : City of Hope"
- Posted in Travel Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Forum "Re: Re: Real life in Las Palmas"
- Wrote a Review Leeds is an important rail... in Leeds Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Leeds, despite being a big..."
- Commented on one of fax's Leeds travel pages
Photos in LeedsSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Corsica Intro, 47 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Edinburgh Intro, 36 reviews, 17 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 22 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manchester Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salamanca Intro, 24 reviews, 23 photos
- Cambridgeshire Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 17 photos
- Nottinghamshire Intro, 23 reviews, 13 photos
- Belfast Intro, 14 reviews, 12 photos