"The Centre Of The Cotwolds" Top 5 Page for this destination Cheltenham by joecooper
Cheltenham Travel Guide: 111 reviews and 243 photos
<b><font size=+1>S</b></font>ituated between the Midlands and the South West regions, Cheltenham is a beautiful, fashionable and quickly growing Spa Town. Named after the river Chelt, it was orignally a small market town but grew in popularity and size after the salty mineral rich Spa water became popular with the British upper classes and so it is the most complete regency town in the UK. Nowerdays it is more famous for the racecourse and the annual art and literature festivals.
It is surrounded by hills - namely the Cotwolds and Malverns and the surrounding countryside is some of the best in England. If you are staying in London, it is about 120 miles west, through Oxford.
Here is the view from the roof of my house, click to see it full size, it may take some time to load. From left to right: Cleeve hill - the higest point for miles around, (GCHQ) Government Communications Head Quarters - the horrible green roofed buliding, The Hewletts - A large hillside mansion , a Redwood tree in our garden, a Cedar in our neighbour's garden, and finally Victoria cricket ground - the home of the Cheltenham team. It's an amazing view 360 degrees, the otherside you can see Cheltenham town centre.
Visit: <a href='http://www.visitcheltenham.gov.uk' target=newwindow>Cheltenham</a> and <a href='http://www.cheltenhamfestivals.co.uk' target=newwindow>Festivals</a>
- Pros:I live here
- Cons:I live here ;-)
Light and spacious arcade with many of the usual High Street shops but also some speciality shops and a few cafes. Look... more travel advice
This area of town provides lots of speciality shops, most with high prices to match. However, you can pick up some... more travel advice
joecooper's Related Pages
Cheltenham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Racetrack and Spa"
- "Cheltenham - The Place Of Spa and Culture"
- "The Centre Of The Cotwolds"
- "Cheltenham as a Travel Base"
- "Cheltenham Spa ~ attractive Georgian town"
- "A Brief Day in Cheltenham"
- "Cheltenham: England's Other Spa Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cheltenham
- Hotels in Cheltenham
- Transportation in Cheltenham
- Nightlife in Cheltenham
- Restaurants in Cheltenham
- Shopping in Cheltenham
- Warnings and Dangers in Cheltenham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cheltenham
- 6 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Cheltenham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cheltenham
Top 10 Pages
- Netherlands Intro, 30 reviews, 63 photos, 5 travelogues
- London Intro, 30 reviews, 49 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bangkok Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos
- Slovenia Intro, 14 reviews, 51 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 22 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ljubljana Intro, 17 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues
- United Kingdom Intro, 18 reviews, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 31 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guangzhou Intro, 12 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 14 reviews, 24 photos, 2 travelogues