"Welcome to Joe Cooper's Home Page!!" joecooper's Profile

Hello everyone!

Let me introduce myself - I'm English and live in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire. Right now I'm settled, living with my fiancee Christine and working as a Financial Adviser. I graduated from the University of Wolverhampton with a BA (Hons) Business Studies in 2002.

After that I went to China for 10 weeks to teach English and travel. I also lived for one year in the Netherlands whilst doing work experience as part of my course. I have big ambitions with regards to travelling. I have already seen quite a bit of Europe and Asia. My dream trips are to travel extensively around South America and the Far East, possibly living in those areas for a year or more.

Unfortunately work means a good two-week break each year is about all I can muster at the moment. Still, I make the most of this time. I'm also of the opinion that if people will travel half way around the world to see the area I live in, I should make sure I take advantage of it myself too! This first picture was taken about 20 minutes drive from my house. The other photos here are in no discernable order but I just felt like putting them up.

Notes about my pages

Travelogues: Please look out for my travelogues on all my pages as they are an important extension of the information I provide on the main pages.

Photos and images: Where possible I have used my own photos but in some cases I have used pictures off the net. I've only just got my own scanner - one that scans 35mm negatives automatically, to save time! So, i've started to put my own photos up and this has spurred me on to tell people about what they show - I have a lot to catch up on! I have literally thousands of photos which I'd like to get scanned and on the web.

My top 5 trips

1. China 2002
2. Italy 2001
3. Thailand 2005
4. Croatia 2003 & 2004
5. Slovenia 2000

These are the places I am going to concentrate on building my pages as soon as I can! Apart from Slovenia, which is pretty much complete.

Recent trips!

October 2005 - Weekend in Edinburgh
July 2005 - Week in Barcelona
February - March 2005 - Two weeks in Thailand

Planned trips!

May 2006: Long weekend in Cornwall, UK

September 2006: Two weeks in Sri Lanka

My top 10 dream destinations

It's hard to choose one above the other but this is roughly my top 10 that I want to see before I'm claiming my pension!

1. Peru
8. Greece
9. Egypt
10. Mongolia

My favourite travelogues

These are the most amazing, outstanding, and/or interesting travelogues on VT in my opinion either due to photographic or written content or both. I've only just started this list so if you have a good one, I'll add it once I've seen it!

lexnrena's Ice Lantern Fesitival on their Harbin page
darthmilmo's Peru Series (Lots!)on his Peru page

• Intro Updated Feb 6, 2007

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Yes, Pam, where is he now? Anyway, Happy Birthday Joe. Bring back the old days eh?? Geoff

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2013 at 11:24 PM

and I wonder where joecooper is these days ..... :-)

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2012 at 1:04 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Wish you healthy and wealthy to keep travelling and happiness.

• ombre's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2010 at 6:35 AM

hows it going tossa

• alza's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM

Hope you had a good one! May you travel where you want to go soon and all the best for every day in between!

• jorgec25's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2009 at 10:36 AM

Hello Joe! I hope you have a wonderful birthday and wish many happy returns of the day. Greetings from Lisbon. Carlos

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Hi Joe, Hope you are standing up to the big depression and seeing the positives :-)

• maryinutopia's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2008 at 9:49 AM

Once again, I'm a day (actually a week) late and a dollar (pound) short. Hope your birthday was excellent and many travels come in the future year. How old are you now? 21???? So young and full of energy!

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 2:32 AM

Happy Birthday to you.:-)

• uglyscot's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2008 at 2:11 AM

Have a great birthday,and hope the coming year brings more interesting trips and many more photos for us.

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
joecooper's Profile Photo

joecooper

“So many places, so little time!”

Real Name