"AussieKitten's Honolulu Page" Honolulu by AussieKitten
Honolulu Travel Guide: 2,003 reviews and 4,783 photos
My short stay in Honolulu-Waikiki was interesting, as I had conjured up this image of what Hawaii would be like since my childhood. When I arrived there around midnight it was damp from the rain and as the coach drove through the area all I could see was a concrete jungle with a few green palms and bushes dotted around the place. This was not my view, however, I was delighted to be greeted by a native with a kiss on the cheek, an "aloha" and a frangipani lei. Finally, I received my lei (and I mean the flower type)... as a child I fantasised having a perfumed lei around my neck.
When morning arrived the clouds were looming above and the roads were wet, so I went for a walk around the area and stayed undercover. Unfortunately I did not get the chance to see Diamond Head due to the weather. Ah well, next time :)
AussieKitten's Related Pages
Honolulu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Honolulu"
- "Home Away From Home"
- "THE REAL HAWAII IS HONOLULU"
- "Waikiki - Number one attraction!"
- "December 7 1941, A Date That Will Live In Infamy."
- "The family in Hawaii for 6 months"
- "Hawaiian Sunsets."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Honolulu
- Hotels in Honolulu
- Transportation in Honolulu
- Nightlife in Honolulu
- Restaurants in Honolulu
- Shopping in Honolulu
- Warnings and Dangers in Honolulu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Honolulu
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Honolulu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Honolulu
Top 10 Pages
- Melbourne Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Anaheim Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- Gold Coast Intro, 12 reviews, 13 photos
- Sydney Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Orlando Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos
- Seattle Intro, 10 reviews, 11 photos
- Kailua-Kona Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- Oregon Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klamath Falls Intro, 8 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination McMinnville Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos