"MY TRAVELS" eMGeographer's Profile
During last few years a traveled really much (in my opinion ;). I think now it is time to share my experiences with other travelers. You will find some information about Europe, Asia and South America on my Travel Pages.
I decided to put more info about the Carpathian countries like Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine and Romania on a blog (http://geographers-eye.blogspot.com).
There is no one idea for my travels ;)
I try to do one big journey a year. Usually it lasts 3 - 10 weeks and the destination is anywhere else but Europe. The European countries I visit several times a year making shorter trips. At least once a week I try to find a new place to visit in my neighbourhood (Southern Poland and Northern Slovakia) or just cycle or hike in some of my favourites.
Before visiting a new place I try to read about it as much as I can (sometimes I don't have enough time). But generally I don't create a firm schedule of my journey - it doesn't work, only stresses ;)
During a journey first of all I want to meet local people! One way to do that is Couch Surfing. Another one is just to be open and communicative - people appreciate it and turn to be very helpful. It works mainly in a places yet not spoiled by a mass tourism. E.g. in Tajikistan me and my friends were invited for a wedding - unforgetable experience;)
What favors meeting people is hitch-hiking (I love it!) or traveling with a public transport, especially using the cheapest one. Sometimes it's a real adventure and may not be the safest idea, E.g. in South America. But I never regreted it ;)
Sometimes I visit places with a local guide - it is a great chance to learn some interesting things.
I try to put together sightseeing and hiking during my journeys, but it's not a rule.
One of my favourites is sleeping in a tent, doesn't matter if it is summer or winter ;) But of course I also use other forms of accomodation like hostels, private lodgings or hotels. It depends on a country, a type of place I'm visiting
and whom am I traveling with.
Most of the time I travel in small group of friends 2-5 people. Sometimes I make exeptions and travel alone or organise a trip for a bigger group.
There is one main rule that concerns all my travels - I don't like lying in one place and doing 'nothing' ;)
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 81 Reviews
- 278 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 16 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
- Commented on one of eMGeographer's Nowy Targ tips
- Wrote a Review Bor na Czerwonem Nature Reserve in Nowy Targ Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Bor na Czerwonem Nature Reserve"
- Posted in Travel Dushanbe Forum "Re: Finding a great driver for..."
- created a Tatra Mountains National Park Travel Page "My little world"
- eMGeographer and briantravelman are now friends.
updated their Profile Page "MY TRAVELS"
- Uploaded a Video to China
Top 10 Pages
- Zakopane Intro, 18 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tajikistan Intro, 8 reviews, 32 photos
- China Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Mongolia Intro, 7 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vietnam Intro, 7 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Zalipie Intro, 7 reviews, 20 photos
- Poland Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Tallinn Intro, 1 review, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pingyao Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Liptovsky Mikulas 2 reviews, 9 photos