"The United Kingdom" United Kingdom by worldkiwi
United Kingdom Travel Guide: 92,706 reviews and 218,682 photos
I first visited the UK for a short three week spell, meeting family for the first time. Then in 2000 I returned to live and work in the United Kingdom until December 2001. Luckily I now have UK citizenship, which means, despite my age, I can return there anytime I like. I look forward to going back to my "second home", seeing my family there and exploring the land of my ancestors! It seems there is really some truth in the idea that the land of our ancestors exerts some strange effect on us, even if we have never been there before. I found the UK extremely homely, but also so much more compelling than I had ever thought! I'll be back.
The undeniable drawcard of the UK is its heritage. The impact of this on the countryside, in particular, has created some fabulously picturesque landscapes and these can be found right across the country.
From Land's End to Scotland, the UK has much more to offer than just the urban jungle of London. A lifetime could be spent exploring this amazing country.
The Cornwall travelogue has been moved to my Cornwall page.
- Pros:Great base from which to explore Europe, rich history and an amazing variety of things to see and do, beautiful country side.
- Cons:The coffee is not that great; expensive place if you're just visiting.
- In a nutshell:I love it - especially the countryside and small towns... feel that history!
Betws-y-coed is an extremely picturesque, leafy little town in a wooded valley in northern Wales. The town can easily be... more travel advice
Saffron Walden is an historic village located in the northwest corner of Essex. The village was once associated with the... more travel advice
- See All Here's another little sales...
- See All Whitby.
- See All Hansons.
- Packing List
worldkiwi's Related Pages
United Kingdom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Firas in Wonderland"
- "My U.K. - a home I love very dearly."
- "United Kingdom Adventure"
- "A Taste of Real Britain - Tourist Information"
- "UNITED KINGDOM"
- "Jet Ski!"
- "Christmas 2010"
- See All...
- Things to Do in United Kingdom
- Hotels in United Kingdom
- Transportation in United Kingdom
- Nightlife in United Kingdom
- Restaurants in United Kingdom
- Shopping in United Kingdom
- Warnings and Dangers in United Kingdom
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in United Kingdom
- 61 Reviews
- 84 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to United Kingdom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in United Kingdom
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Kyoto Intro, 28 reviews, 32 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (35)
Top United Kingdom hotels
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Manchester Hotels
- 1718 Reviews - 3897 Photos
- Blackpool Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 889 Photos
- York Hotels
- 1619 Reviews - 3913 Photos
- Bournemouth Hotels
- 206 Reviews - 441 Photos
- Edinburgh Hotels
- 3354 Reviews - 6585 Photos
- Llandudno Hotels
- 242 Reviews - 475 Photos
- Torquay Hotels
- 141 Reviews - 229 Photos
- Glasgow Hotels
- 1218 Reviews - 1968 Photos
- Liverpool Hotels
- 1248 Reviews - 2164 Photos
- Birmingham Hotels
- 765 Reviews - 1269 Photos
- Bristol Hotels
- 745 Reviews - 1659 Photos
- Eastbourne Hotels
- 94 Reviews - 187 Photos
- Scarborough Hotels
- 276 Reviews - 409 Photos
- Aberdeen Hotels
- 486 Reviews - 884 Photos