"Osaka" Osaka by worldkiwi
Osaka Travel Guide: 887 reviews and 2,565 photos
Osaka is a vast urban landscape that is well worth exploring. It was my first 'base' during my short business trip to Japan in April 2004. I stayed in the Umeda area in north Osaka. The city has an excellent subway system that makes getting around easy. Although it is difficult to say that Osaka is a city aiming to attract tourists, it does have a small number of must sees... some of which I saw!
In April 2007, I based myself in Osaka once again at the start of a business trip to Japan. I had four days in this sprawling urban landscape.
The 6th of April, 2007 was a glorious spring day in Osaka. After a meeting was moved from this day, I was able to enjoy a leisurely stroll around the Osaka Castle and its neighbouring gardens. There, people were enjoying strolls under the beautiful displays of sakura or setting up their spots for hanami, or traditional family picnics under flowering cherry trees.
Osaka Castle is a must see on any trip to Osaka.
- Pros:An interesting city that's easy to get around.
- Cons:The relentless urban landscape can be a bit overwhelming!
- In a nutshell:Well worth exploring.
This fantastic Kaiten Sushi, called "Sakae", was somewhere east of Umeda station. Unfortunately, the only map I have is... more travel advice
The Ramada Osaka is located right beside the Nakatsu subway station on the Midosuji line, one stop north of Umeda and... more travel advice
- See All Osaka Aquarium - amazing aquatic sights.
- Observe hanami in the Castle gardens.
- The inspiration for a Blade-runner set?
worldkiwi's Related Pages
Osaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Living in Osaka"
- "Hundertwasser & more !"
- "Memories of Osaka JAPAN"
- "Osaka - my home for three and a half years"
- "Osaka: The Manchester of Asia"
- "The Anti-Japan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Osaka
- Hotels in Osaka
- Transportation in Osaka
- Nightlife in Osaka
- Restaurants in Osaka
- Shopping in Osaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Osaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Osaka
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Osaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Osaka
Photos in OsakaSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos