"Auckland Region" Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Region by worldkiwi
Auckland Region Travel Guide: 1,457 reviews and 3,167 photos
Auckland Region is home to well over 1.4 million people and is mainly the urban sprawl of Auckland... hence the name.
In 2010, Auckland's four city councils, three district councils, and the over-arching regional council were merged into one "super' city council. Very logical, but for some reason I can't quite fathom, not so popular with the average Aucklander. Anyway, although the Auckland Region still exists geo-politically, Auckland City and Auckland Region are now, for all intents and purposes, ONE thing in 2013 (as I write this). So, check out this page and my Auckland page for advice and my views of my home city.
Auckland has about a third of New Zealand's population and is also the most cosmopolitan place in the country. You'll be able to experience a range of cultural influences ranging from Pacific markets to the finest mediterranean cuisine.
To the north and west of the urban areas are well regarded wineries and vineyards. You can sit in an olive grove and sip fine wine accompanied by delicious and original food. If you want to you can hit the city's nightclubs, cruise to a range of beautiful islands in the Hauraki Gulf, get lost in dense native bush (forest/woods), or lounge on a sandy beach.
Auckland Region has something for everyone!
- Pros:New Zealand's most cosmopolitan region.
- Cons:A poor public transport network outside the city centre.
- In a nutshell:Something for everyone!
Tiritiri Matangi Island is a scientific reserve and bird sanctuary located off the eastern tip of Whangaparaoa... more travel advice
Wenderholm Regional Park is about 40 minutes drive north of central Auckland, just past the well known township of... more travel advice
worldkiwi's Related Pages
Auckland Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auckland - The City of Sails"
- "'Playground' for a city"
- "Auckland Region"
- "Auckland Region"
- "Country churches around the Auckland region."
- "City of sails"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auckland Region
- Hotels in Auckland Region
- Transportation in Auckland Region
- Nightlife in Auckland Region
- Restaurants in Auckland Region
- Shopping in Auckland Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Auckland Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auckland Region
- 70 Reviews
- 123 Photos
- 13 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Auckland Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auckland Region
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Why doesn't the map work yet?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My favourite place in the Auckland Region."
- updated a Auckland Region Travel Page "Auckland Region"
- Wrote a Review Visit Tiritiri Matangi Island in Auckland Region Things to Do
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Auckland Region travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Bali Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue