San Francisco Hotel Tips by worldkiwi
San Francisco Hotels: 118,697 reviews and 591 photos
HI Downtown, San Francisco.
During my four day visit to San Francisco I stayed at the Hostelling International (HI, formally known as YHA) Downtown Hostel. Located on Mason Street, a very short walk from Union Square, this hostel has an excellent location. The only problem is it can be a bit noisy around this area at night and with a bed by a window that was open most of the time (I was there in summer), this can be a small drawback.
This hostel gets pretty busy, so it is important to book ahead.
Unique Qualities: The room I stayed in slept four and there was plenty of room. There were lockable cupboards and the room had an attached bathroom with a shower, sink and toilet. The bathroom was pretty small, but it was great having one that was attached to the room. Just across the corridor was a big communal bathroom.
You can stick your bags in rentable lockers if you arrive before check-in time, or have to check out a long time before your flight.
The hostel will arrange airport transfers for an affordable price.
Address: 312 Mason Street, San Francisco, California 94102
Comparison: less expensive than average
Other Contact: email@example.com
More Reviews (18)
- See All Great views of the Golden Gate Bridge!
- See All Squirrels in a Pohutukawa??!
- See All A sandwich to rival Subway's!
worldkiwi's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 19 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Why doesn't the map work yet?"
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "San Francisco - a city of great variety."
- Wrote a Review Great views of the Golden Gate Bridge! about Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "The curiosity of The Castro."
- Commented on one of b1bob's San Francisco travel pages
Photos in San FranciscoSee All Photos (33)
Read real reviews about San Francisco Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Bali Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (36)
- Lombard Street- 132 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Alcatraz- 291 Reviews, 488 Photos
- Golden Gate Park- 118 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Chinatown- 178 Reviews, 309 Photos
- Golden Gate Bridge- 249 Reviews, 399 Photos
- Fisherman's Wharf- 177 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Coit Tower- 133 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Pier 39- 118 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Muir Woods- 36 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Castro District- 47 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All San Francisco Things to Do