"A day with the birds." Tiritiri Matangi Island by worldkiwi
Tiritiri Matangi Island Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 30 photos
From the moment you arrive on Tiritiri Matangi Island (or Tiri, to locals), you know you've arrived somewhere special. The island affords visitors rare glimpses of New Zealand native fauna that you won't spot on the mainland these days (sadly). In December 2009, at the start of summer, I joined some friends on a walk around the island, led by a Tiri volunteer guide. This is a great way to see the island and its feathery inhabitants and I would thoroughly recommend it.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION 21 FEB 2010
Pack your togs (swimsuit) if you visit Tiri in the summer. Hobbs Beach is the only sandy beach I am told, but it is a... more travel advice
worldkiwi's Related Pages
Tiritiri Matangi Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tiritiri Matangi: New Zealand's Nature Restored"
- "A day with the birds."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Hotels in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Transportation in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Restaurants in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- Shopping in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiritiri Matangi Island
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Tiritiri Matangi Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiritiri Matangi Island
Photos in Tiritiri Matangi IslandSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos