"Spectacular waterfalls in Waikato." Wairere Falls by worldkiwi
Wairere Falls Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 30 photos
The Wairere Falls are in the east of Waikato Region in North Island, New Zealand. The falls are visible from several kilometres away and plummet dramatically over the western flank of the Kaimai ranges. The falls are easily reached by the average person along a well defined and maintained track through native forest (bush). There are some very steep stairs and slippery banks, so walkers should be suitably dressed and prepared for some puffing!
One can walk to a view point to see the falls from below, or a longer walk will take you to the very top.
The little streamlets that ran into the main waterway pouring away from the falls bottom pool were fantastically... more travel advice
I'm not sure I'd say this was my fondest memory, but the walk to the viewing platform is enjoyable and memorable. In... more travel advice
worldkiwi's Related Pages
Wairere Falls Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Wairere Falls
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Wairere Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wairere Falls
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Why doesn't the map work yet?"
- Commented on one of kiwi's Wairere Falls travel pages
- Wrote a Review You need your own wheels to get there. in Wairere Falls Transportation
- updated a Wairere Falls Travel Page "Spectacular waterfalls in Waikato."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great river scenes on the way to the falls."
Photos in Wairere FallsSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 44 reviews, 74 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 36 reviews, 47 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Bali Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue