"Vietnam's top spot for beaching yourself!" Top 5 Page for this destination Phu Quoc by worldkiwi
Phu Quoc Travel Guide: 113 reviews and 297 photos
Phu Quoc (pronounced fu kwok) is a medium sized island off the south west coast of Vietnam, close to the Cambodian border. The island is ringed by sandy beaches. The best beaches appear to be on the eastern side and at the southern end of the west coast. Most of the main hotels are located on the western beach nearer the centre of that coast. Sadly, many or Phu Quocs reputably finest beaches are closed to the public because the military have built bases on them (I wonder if they're bases or holiday places for the top brass!).
Phu Quoc is a sleepy little place, which makes it a great get-away spot. There's no noisy nightlife, no shopping... just lots of hot sunshine, beaches, and a national park. A great place to take a good book, some suntan cream, your togs (swimming suit) and relax!
The highlights of Phu Quoc Island for me were:
1. Bai Sao Beach, on the east coast;
2. The peace and quiet;
3. The hot, sunny, blue-sky days;
4. The lack of traffic;
5. The sand on all the beaches is so soft.
This is a place to come and unwind. I hope it stays that like and more people can experience it.
- Pros:Quiet, sunny, hot, many sandy beaches, relaxing, no traffic!
- Cons:Can get VERY hot, lack of transport other than motorbikes.
- In a nutshell:The most relaxing place in Vietnam??
OK, no more after this... I think you get the idea. Bai Sao Beach. more travel advice
I booked my stay at Phu Quoc Saigon Resort from home before leaving for my trip to Asia. I figured I'd need some luxury... more travel advice
worldkiwi's Related Pages
Phu Quoc Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A LITTLE Bit of Sand with that BEACH please!!!"
- "A week on Phu Quoc Island"
- "Phu Quoc"
- "Vietnam's top spot for beaching yourself!"
- "Phu Quoc island."
- "Located in the extreme south"
- "Phu Quoc - go as soon as you can"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Phu Quoc
- Hotels in Phu Quoc
- Transportation in Phu Quoc
- Nightlife in Phu Quoc
- Restaurants in Phu Quoc
- Shopping in Phu Quoc
- Warnings and Dangers in Phu Quoc
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phu Quoc
- 11 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Phu Quoc?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phu Quoc
Photos in Phu QuocSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Auckland Intro, 45 reviews, 76 photos, 5 travelogues
- New Zealand Intro, 50 reviews, 51 photos
- United Kingdom Intro, 41 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cook Islands Intro, 42 reviews, 54 photos
- Oregon Intro, 31 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Japan Intro, 29 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 29 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Independant State of Samoa Intro, 23 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northland Intro, 27 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bali Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos