"brdwtchr's new Groom Page" Groom by brdwtchr
Groom Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 36 photos
Groom is a small town on I-40 about 40 minutes east of Amarillo. I did not actually go to Groom. I just stopped on the highway to visit the cross that is built there. The 19 story tall cross rises above the flat Texas prairie and is visible for miles. It costs nothing to visit the giant cross although the group who built it has a donation box. The donation money is being used to expand the facilities at the site of the giant free standing cross.
Look closely at the photo. Near the base of the cross there is a tiny dot of color. That is my dear wife, Becky. Look beyond the giant cross and see how flat and empty the plains of Texas are in that area.
Near I-40 at the Groom exit is a Dairy Queen restaurant. I had a chicken sandwich meal there. The local school sports... more travel advice
This does not seem to belong with the cross. It is on the same stretch of interstate highway that you will encounter the... more travel advice
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Groom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Groom~Leanin Tower of Texas!!"
- "brdwtchr's new Groom Page"
- "Groom, Texas"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Groom
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Groom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Groom
Photos in GroomSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue