"brdwtchr's new Liberal Page" Liberal by brdwtchr
Liberal Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 13 photos
As one comes in to Liberal from the Northeast there is this statue of Coronado. Beyond the statue is the visitor center. It is believed that Coronado travelled through here on his journey of exploration and was first European in Kansas. Liberal is in the Southwest corner of Kansas. Water was scarce in that part of Kansas many years ago. An early settler dug a well for water. He shared the water with travellers. They asked him how much the water cost but he told them it was free. Because that settler, S.S. Rogers, was "liberal" with water the town that grew here was called Liberal.
We stayed at this little hotel, the Super 7. It was not very expensive nor was it very fancy. If we just plan to stay... more travel advice
At the Mid America Air Museum you can see all kinds of great planes and also see how it feels to sit in the cockpit. One... more travel advice
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Liberal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "brdwtchr's new Liberal Page"
- "Sprout's new Liberal Page"
- "Basaic Liberal Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Liberal
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Liberal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Liberal
Photos in LiberalSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue