"brdwtchr's new Junction City Page" Junction City by brdwtchr
Junction City Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 52 photos
As you approach Junction City Kansas on I-70 from Topeka one of the first sights you will see is the "atomic cannon" high on a hill near exit 301. It is 42' long. You can climb the hill to take a closer look and to stretch your legs. I am glad to say that this cannon was never used and never will be.
Junction City has strong economic and historical ties to nearby Fort Riley. Fort Riley is over 100,000 acres in size and is home to more than 10,000 soldiers. I do not wish to glorify war in any way but a visit to this area is not complete with out a visit to the military post.
I am not sure I would say there are any must see activities in Junction City. For me there are because of the interests... more travel advice
I grew up watching those old movies with the cowboys and indians. The kind of movies where the cavalry would come to the... more travel advice
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Junction City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "brdwtchr's new Junction City Page"
- "The history of fighting on the plains started here"
- "Small town big heart"
- "Skylink's Junction City / Fort Riley Kansas page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Junction City
- Hotels in Junction City
- Transportation in Junction City
- Restaurants in Junction City
- Warnings and Dangers in Junction City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Junction City
- 35 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Junction City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Junction City
Photos in Junction CitySee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue