"brdwtchr's new Great Bend Page" Great Bend by brdwtchr
Great Bend Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 18 photos
Normally I put a photo taken in the city when I write about a place. Just outside of Great Bend is Cheyenne Bottoms. It is a state of Kansas wildlife area. I like it so much I had to put a photo of it here. As you can see it is a marshy wet land area filled with birds. There is a central deep pool that holds water. Surrounding the central pool are four smaller pools. There are gates and to control flow of water from the main pool in to the smaller ones. You can drive on the dams that seperate the pools so it is like driving your car across a lake filled with birds. Wonderful way to go bird watching from comfort of your automobile.
Barton County Courthouse in heart of Great Bend. more travel advice
Statue of Civil War soldier near the courthouse. more travel advice
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Great Bend Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "brdwtchr's new Great Bend Page"
- "Great Bend of the Arkansas River"
- "wakaluga's new Great Bend Page"
- See All...
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Great Bend
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Great Bend?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Great Bend
Photos in Great BendSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue