"brdwtchr's new Emporia Page" Emporia by brdwtchr
Emporia Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 156 photos
In Truman Capote's novel "In Cold Blood" he describes Emporia as "a large town, almost a city, and a safe place..." Emporia still feels that way. It has aspects of a town where people know one another and yet can also seem at times like a small city. My family moved here when I was a boy and I grew up in Emporia. I live in rural Lyon County not far from there now. The photo is from two miles out side of town facing toward Emporia. Emporia is not a big town or a place for tourists but I know the town well and I will show you all the things an outsider would miss.
On the country roads around Emporia don't be surpised if you see deer like the one that came to drink at my pond. I like... more travel advice
The farmers market is across from the post office in a parking lot. It is open on Saturday mornings during Summer. When... more travel advice
- See All There is a free Spanish...
- See All No need to fear the water....
- See All We like to eat at Carlos...
- I am not certain if I would...
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Emporia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Brandie's Emporia Page"
- "brdwtchr's new Emporia Page"
- "EMPORIA, KANSAS"
- "I grew up here.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Emporia
- Hotels in Emporia
- Nightlife in Emporia
- Restaurants in Emporia
- Warnings and Dangers in Emporia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Emporia
- 79 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Emporia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Emporia
Photos in EmporiaSee All Photos (110)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue