"brdwtchr's new Council Grove Page" Council Grove by brdwtchr
Council Grove Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 60 photos
This town was named for the grove of trees here and a council that took place in 1825 between the Osage tribe and the U.S. government. The Santa Fe trail came through Council Grove. Council Grove is a town full of history. You can stop at the Kaw Mission and pick up a brochure and map of all the historical stops in the town. Council Grove reservoir is nearby and is great for fishing and boating. There are some shops and antique stores down town. There is much in this community for every one.
Council Grove Reservoir is one of many man made lakes in Kansas. It is a great spot for boating or camping or fishing. more travel advice
This is the giant stump of the Custer elm. General Custer owned land near here and camped under this tree when it was... more travel advice
brdwtchr's Related Pages
Council Grove Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Wonderful Town of the 1800's"
- "brdwtchr's new Council Grove Page"
- "Council Grove - a Surprising Place to Visit"
- "On the Santa Fe Trail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Council Grove
- Hotels in Council Grove
- Restaurants in Council Grove
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Council Grove
- 13 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Council Grove?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Council Grove
Photos in Council GroveSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Emporia Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Branson Intro, 40 reviews, 95 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 52 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Wichita Intro, 44 reviews, 58 photos, 2 travelogues
- Kansas City Intro, 43 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manhattan Intro, 28 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- Junction City Intro, 35 reviews, 33 photos
- El Dorado Intro, 30 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hutchinson Intro, 12 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Topeka Intro, 28 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue