"Ensenada and La Bufadora" Top 5 Page for this destination Ensenada by lmkluque

Ensenada Travel Guide: 289 reviews and 637 photos

Ensenada: Cuota or Libre?"

Welcome to my Ensenada page,

My suggestion is to take the toll road (Ensenada Cuota) from Tijuana to Ensenada. There are three tolls, about $2.50 each. (Actually, though the toll has risen over the years, the peso has declined, so in 2013 the toll at $2.30, is actually lower than it was in 2001.) This road is kept in much better repair than the free road. (Ensenada Libre.) Ensenada Cuota follows the the coastline of the Pacific Ocean and has some spectacular views. Of course, the Ensenada Libre costs nothing and you will see the dirt poor sights along the way.

Ensenada is a fishing village/beach town about seventy miles south of Tijuana. It is a popular place for San Diegans to visit but not nearly as touristy as Tijuana.

Hussong's Cantina in downtown Ensenada was the biggest draw for many young San Diego students looking for a rip roarin' time. In fact "in my day" Hussong's was almost synonymous with Ensenada. However it wasn't the wild night of drinking and debauchery that attracted me to Ensenada, it was the spectacular views along the coast, a few restaurants and further on, La Bufadora.

There is so much more to see and do in this growing fishing village, and it can be a relaxing get-away. It's not hard to discover the charm.

I Hope You Enjoy Your Visit,
Linda

• Last visit to Ensenada: Feb 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 1, 2013

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2013 at 10:47 AM

It's good that Ensenada has more to offer than just Hussong's.

• lmkluque's Profile Photo
      Dec 31, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Yes, it also has much more to offer than I've shown here, but in the days I went most frequently, I didn't take photos. I just spent everyday time there. Now I can't go until I save for a new passport. :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
      Dec 31, 2013 at 4:30 PM

I recently had to get a new U.S. passport and it cost me $110 (which fortunately is only 80 Euros at the current exchange rate). If you just want to go to Mexico you could get a passport card, which is much cheaper but is not valid for international air travel.

lmkluque

“Assume Good Intent”

Badges & Stats in Ensenada

Have you been to Ensenada?

Latest Activity in Ensenada