Tijuana Sports & Outdoors Tips by lmkluque Top 5 Page for this destination
Tijuana Sports & Outdoors: 7 reviews and 6 photos
Jai Alai Fronton Palace
Grupo Caliente Jai Alai is just one of several sports book located in Tijuana. They are usually open Mo - Su 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Other locations are:
Race Book Pueblo Amigo:
Pueblo Amigo shopping center
Vía Oriente Edif. 6, Ave. Centenario
Ph. (01152-664) 682-4487
Race Book (downtown)
Ave. Revolución between 3rd and 4th st.
Ph. (01152-664) 688-3425 Fax
Race Book (grand hotel)
Inside of Grand Hotel Tijuana
Ph. (01152-664) 681-7000 Ext. 6024
Race Book (international border)
Ave. Padilla No.185, Col Federal
Ph. (01152-664) 682-9483
Address: Corner of 8th & Revolution
Theme: Sports Watching
Hidden Delights for the Sports Minded
Years ago Papas & Beer, a restaurant and nightclub in Rosarito Beach, became very popular. One of the most refreshing aspects of this place was the sand court out back on the beach where customers could have a few drinks and play volleyball, or just have a few drinks and watch others play volleyball.
Now many restaurants / nightclubs in Tijuana are offering various sports activities along with a meal and drinks.
Senor Maguey is one of those places. Here there is a choice of pool, (Billiards) or basketball!
A new offering, not exactly a sport, unless you consider shopping a sport, is at Tilly's Fifth Avenue where they offer a Swap Meet!
Equipment: Equipment is supplied so just bring yourself and your energy!
Address: Avenida Revolucion between 5th & 6th.
Outside the huge dance floor!
Safari Club is a restaurant, a happenin' night club, but also is a place you can play volleyball!!
There is so much competition along Avenida Revolucion that each place does it's best to attract your attention. Safari Club offers a large sand box complete with volleyball net and ball for their sports minded clientel.
Of course, if you want a more wholesome option, you can always go to Las Playas (The Tijuana Beaches) and find a game there, but this is not a sure thing all the time.
Equipment: Equipment is provided at Club Safari, but not necessiraily at the beach.
Address: Avenida Revolucion between 5th & 6th
More Reviews (74)
- See All Crossing with Volaris
- See All Know Before You Go!
- See All Playas de Tijuana
- See All Returning to the USA
- See All The Elusive Toilet!
- See All Last Chance Shopping!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Tijuana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tijuana--South Of The Border!"
- "Gate to real Mexico :-)"
- "OVER THE BORDER"
- "Gone Fishing!"
- "Home away from home!"
- "Discovering Tijuana"
- "Tijuana - - - a land between countries"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tijuana
- Hotels in Tijuana
- Transportation in Tijuana
- Nightlife in Tijuana
- Restaurants in Tijuana
- Shopping in Tijuana
- Warnings and Dangers in Tijuana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tijuana
- 77 Reviews
- 80 Photos
- 134 Forum posts
- 36 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (58)
Have you been to Tijuana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tijuana
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Yippee.....a VTer is visiting..."
- Commented on one of lmkluque's Tijuana travel pages
- created a Tijuana Travelogue "Photo Storage"
- Wrote a Review Crossing with Volaris about Tour Bus / Bus in Tijuana Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "A Love-Hate Attitude Towards Tijauna?"
Photos in TijuanaSee All Photos (80)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 60 reviews, 187 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 46 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues
- Avenida Revolucion- 17 Reviews, 34 Photos
- The Border- 13 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Jai Alai Palace- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Zona Rio- 5 Reviews, 14 Photos
- Tijuana Arch- 5 Reviews, 11 Photos
- Cultural Center- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
- Shopping- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Wax Museum- 4 Reviews, 8 Photos
- Mariachis- 2 Reviews, 2 Photos
- Hawkers- 2 Reviews, 1 Photos
See All Tijuana Things to Do