Yermo Hotel Tips by lmkluque
Yermo Hotels: 48 reviews and 1 photos
Back to the Basics
Our two night's stay was fun and convenient to the places we wanted to see in this area. This KOA included a small general store, a recreation room with games, a pool table and an outdoor swimming pool which was our favorite place to cool off after a day touring in the hot sun. During the summer months the weather is really hot, usually well over 100 degrees F.
Showers and toilets were provided for those of us who didn't have self-contained camping vehicles. There was an extra charge to have a tent site with an electrical outlet and we chose to "live in the rough" without this luxury. We relied on a battery operated lamp.
We used our own tent but I think they rent them here and they also have cabins to let.
The whole day was spent out of the park, but in the evening we had a great time cooling off in the swimming pool and the boys tried their hand a billiards. Some of the other campers actually helped the boys learn the finer points of playing pool and it was relaxed communal experiece hanging out at the Rec. Room.
Unique Qualities: I'd say that the most unique quality was the desert setting. Especially at night, the clear, star filled sky was fantastic and peaceful.
This type of camping is pretty rough, but we had a great time. Many of the camp sites were surrounded by trees to help keep the desert sun from doing it's worst during the hottest part of the day.
While here there was plenty to do, visit the Factory Outlet Mall, Calico Ghost Town, authentic archeological digs, rock hounding, the Desert Museum, Information Center and Rainbow Basin.
They do offer group rates, but we didn't qualify.
OPEN ALL YEAR
Address: Box 967, 35250 Outer Hwy. 15
Comparison: least expensive
Yermo, CA 92398. At Interstate 15 and Yermo
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Toll Free 1-800-562-0059
Price: less than US$20
More Reviews (20)
- See All Ancient Campfire Ring
- See All Who's Fault?
- See All Ghost Tours!
- Be Prepared!!
- See All Mule Canyon Road
- See All The Early Man Site
- Rest Up After Shopping
- See All Take the slow train
- See All This Cowboy isn't what he seems to be!
- See All Take a picnic in with you, or try the...
- Dangerous Desert!!!
Been to Yermo?Share your travels with the world!
lmkluque's Related Pages
Yermo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So Much To Do In An Obsure Place!"
- "mafootje's new Yermo Page"
- "Yermo~Home of Peggy Sue's Dinner"
- "Roeffie's Ghost Town of Calico Page"
- "Yermo - California - USA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yermo
- Hotels in Yermo
- Transportation in Yermo
- Nightlife in Yermo
- Restaurants in Yermo
- Shopping in Yermo
- Warnings and Dangers in Yermo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Le Meridien Beach Plaza
- Istanbul Paris Hostel
- The Landings St. Lucia, A RockResort
- Novotel Surabaya Hotel
- Lai-Thai Hotel & Guest House
- Hammamet Resort
- Chrispy Palace
- Mansion House
- HF Ipanema Park
- Launceston Backpackers
- Mercure Southgate Exeter
- Extended StayAmerica Indianapolis-Airport
- Thorverton Arms Bed & Breakfast
Badges & Stats in Yermo
- 21 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Yermo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yermo
Photos in YermoSee All Photos (22)
Read real reviews about Yermo Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 153 reviews, 405 photos, 10 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 46 reviews, 127 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 60 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 54 reviews, 109 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 105 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 42 reviews, 95 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 27 reviews, 97 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 70 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 40 reviews, 42 photos