"A San Diego Neighborhood!" South Park by lmkluque
South Park Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 29 photos
Welcome to my South Park Page,*
Located on the south-east side of Balboa Park, this community is actually not on the "tourist's route" and has struggled to overcome it's reputation for being one of the more unappealing neighborhoods in the city of San Diego. However, in this area there are many older homes, from the earlier days of San Diego's history. The various styles include Craftman, Victorian, even a few farm houses. Many of these have been rennovated and the neighborhood's original charm is beginning to show through again.
Local businesses are sprucing themselves up and many entrepreneurs are choosing to open their establishments in this area giving unique dining and shopping options.
South Park is "off-the-beaten-path" and not really a tourist area, but for anyone interested in history / architecture this may be an enjoyable community to see.
I Hope You Enjoy Your Visti,
- Pros:Not So Expensive
- Cons:Not Finished Yet
- In a nutshell:Great Place For Beginners!
A motley collection of new, old, refurbished and defunct businesses are found in this pocket community of San Diego. ... more travel advice
To Be Continued.... To Be Continued.... To Be Continued.... more travel advice
lmkluque's Related Pages
South Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in South Park
- Hotels in South Park
- Restaurants in South Park
- Shopping in South Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in South Park
- 21 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to South Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in South Park
Photos in South ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 168 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 63 reviews, 155 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues