"San Diego's Wild Animal and Wine Country" Rancho Bernardo by lmkluque
Rancho Bernardo Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 59 photos
Welcome to my Rancho Bernardo page,
It all begins with the earth, sunshine, rain and the grape.
California wines are rising in reputation every year. There are several wineries in the San Diego area and I'll tell you about two that are nice places to visit, to have a tour, to taste the wine and to have a picnic.
The San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (formally known as The Wild Animal Park) is in this area--actually in Escondido--and another reason for exploring northern San Diego.
I hope you enjoy your visit,
This community is not really a tourist's paradise.
However, just down the road, you'll find the San Diego Zoo's Safari Park (formally known as the San Diego Wild Animal Park,) Orfila Winery and Rancho Bernardo Winery. I love spending an afternoon at a winery and thought you might like to know about these two while you visit San Diego.
- Pros:Quiet Country Living
- Cons:Not near downtown SD
- In a nutshell:Close enough for a daytrip.
This is a cute little place with a nice patio overlooking one of the "roads" of Bernardo Winery. They one thing to note... more travel advice
Wine Tasting is a fun thing to do. You must be 21 years old or older to taste wines. They have a nice Wine Tasting List... more travel advice
- Orfilia Winery
- The Main Road in Rancho Bernardo
- Follow the Signs to the Tasting Room
lmkluque's Related Pages
Rancho Bernardo Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Rancho Bernardo
- Hotels in Rancho Bernardo
- Transportation in Rancho Bernardo
- Nightlife in Rancho Bernardo
- Restaurants in Rancho Bernardo
- Shopping in Rancho Bernardo
- Warnings and Dangers in Rancho Bernardo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rancho Bernardo
- 19 Reviews
- 56 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (59)
Have you been to Rancho Bernardo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rancho Bernardo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Diego Intro, 168 reviews, 536 photos, 11 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chula Vista Intro, 55 reviews, 173 photos, 2 travelogues
- Imperial Beach Intro, 54 reviews, 167 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coronado Intro, 62 reviews, 153 photos, 1 travelogue
- National City Intro, 45 reviews, 131 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination La Jolla Intro, 55 reviews, 111 photos
- Ocean Beach Intro, 53 reviews, 106 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tijuana Intro, 77 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Del Mar Intro, 47 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cabrillo National Monument Intro, 28 reviews, 102 photos, 3 travelogues